How rare is a 1966 Sea Voyager 42'

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

intherightspot

How rare is a 1966 Sea Voyager 42'

Post by intherightspot »

I can't seem to find one?
chucka
Sporadic User

Post by chucka »

Here is a '69 listed as sold - asking price was $39.4K

http://www.boatquest.com/Power/Trojan/C ... boats.aspx

Here is another '69 also listed as sold
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... britannia&

Here are some words of caution for anyone considering donated an overvalued boat '67 Sea Voyager 42 :oops: to charity for a tax deduction. http://www.pgdc.com/usa/item/?itemID=30921

In Sergeant v. Commissioner, the Tax Court has upheld an IRS' reduction of a couple's income tax charitable contribution deduction for a contribution of a yacht from $75,100 to $22,225 and imposed overvaluation penalties. In February of 1992, Mr. Sergeant purchased a 1967 42-foot Trojan motor yacht. At the time of purchase, the wooden-hulled yacht was in need of substantial repairs. Sergeant made the repairs, insured the boat for $25,000, and attempted to sell it for between $60,000 and $82,500. Having no luck, Sergeant contacted the Oceanus Institute, Inc., a qualified 501(c)(3) organization that solicited contributions of boats in the Wall Street Journal. In August of 1993, Sergeant donated the boat to the institute. The institute sold the boat three weeks later for $4,000.

I found these using Google. No '68s turned up im my 10 minute search, but if you spend more time you might find one. Good Luck!
formerly
Lots A Luck
Trojan F-26 Express
Narragansett Bay, RI
L'Etoile de Mer

Post by L'Etoile de Mer »

I believe that the first year Trojan made a 42' Sea Voyager is 1968 I own one of them...), so the article must have made a mistake.
L'Etoile de Mer - 1968, 42' Sea Voyager
willietrojan
Moderate User

Post by willietrojan »

Check this site.

http://www.yachtworld.com
Old Duke

Can't find one

Post by Old Duke »

Yes, I understand the 1968 was the first year the Sea Voyager 42' was made. I currently have the 22nd one built.

Anyway, I currently know of a 69 Sea Voyager 42 in nice condition in Ketchum, Oklahoma. Contact Willow Park Marina (find it on search), they may have it listed in their boats sales section. A doctor from Tulsa, Ok is the current owner.

I do know that all the bright work has just been completed, and I understand the bottom has just been glassed in the last few years.

Thats about all I know, hope it helps
Just gets funner all the time.
sassybrat257

Post by sassybrat257 »

I just bought a 1966 42' Sea Voyager last weekend. We found her listed in the classifieds of a local magazine in Northern California. She had all the original paperwork from when she was originally purchased along with meticulous logs. Her original owner was literally a rocket scientist so you can imagine the detailed logs. We will be her 4th owner. Up until 2002 she was in a covered berth but since then she have been oustide in the SF Bay. The interior is in above average condition, mechanically sound but the exterior is in need of a lot of TLC. In our search we came across a 1967 42' Sea Voyager also in SF Bay but she was in such bad condition I'm surprised she was floating. We plan to do a full restoration but since she is in such good mechanical shape, we will be able to enjoy her while we work on her.
Wingit48

Post by Wingit48 »

I have a 42' 1972 and have been slowly restoring it over the last few years. I had to put a new keel on it this spring and have learned a great deal about down and dirty restoration since there are no wooden boat repairers where I live. If you find one and need advice, lemme know..It is amazing what a novice can do with the new epoxies.
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

A pretty good one is for sale at Hindson Marina, Penetanguishene, Ontario. Asking price is $74K Cdn at Jack Pady Marine Sales
JB
Apollo 1976 F44