1973 Trojan..need help

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Judy D

1973 Trojan..need help

Post by Judy D »

Just purchased a 1973 F25 Trojan but there was no depth finder. Does anyone know the original make of depth finder for the 1973 Trojan F25 and where to get one or can someone tell me a brand that is compatible with the original transducer? Any help or information you can lend would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Ed Dippel

Post by Ed Dippel »

Hi,

You should be able to contact a local marine electronic store that could help you. A store that just does electronics will often repair older units and be able to identify your transducer to tell you what would work with it. The new eguipment does not work with the older transducers (they change frequency over time). Personally, I like traditional looks with the best possible electronics. Depth/Fish finders are very advanced and relatively innexpensive these days. I have my transducer mounted through-hull for the best possible image for fishing. If you want it just for depth a transom mount transducer is fine. I just installed a Lowrence 332 GPS chartplotter/color fishfinder. It retails for about $700. You can set waypoints (navigation markers) and see your self moving along a detailed water chart. This unit is incredible for the money. An innexpensive option for just depth and shallow water alarm would be an Eagle brand fishfinder in black and white (about $150).