Jimini's Pennants!

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

David Kane
Sporadic User

Jimini's Pennants!

Post by David Kane »

It's with great joy that I tell all of you that I've heard from Jimini!!! The poor guy has had a rough go of it. Not only had he had the internet problem, but here's what else has been happening:

Although his health has been improving, he has had to put his 98 yr. old mother in a nursing home & take over managing her home and affairs. Now she has fallen down and broken her hip, further complicating matters. His work hours and job stress have also increased (as I'm sure it has for a lot of us in these times). He feels very self conscious about not getting the pennants out, but I think we are all very supportive and understanding of what he has been going through.

What Jimini is going to do is ship the pennants (37 of them) to me & I'll do the legwork to get them shipped, collect the money, and send it on to him. Since I am getting 1 pennant, that leaves 36 for oher Forum members who want them. I've gleaned through the old thread & here is my best guess at who else wanted pennants from Jimini:

Jordan 2
TADTOOMUCH 2
MAC32 1
rossjo 1 or 2
rick1954 1 *
ScurvyDog 1
LANDUF36 2
g361 1
everus 1
RWS 1
mr elevman 1
GARYGA 1
Dreamer 1
Nowlings 1
Jddens 1
jgmap2` 1
wowzer52 2
1catkinson 1
Dean Price 1 *
Jim Bell 1
Prowlersfish 1
Davescarrs 1

(* = I have your address)

In no way do I want to undermine what rickalan35 has been doing with his pennant project. In fact, I am on his list and will still get 1 from him when they come in. I cound 27 pennants on the above list, and if you are on it and still want the Jimini pennant, without adversley impacting rickalan35, you've got first priority. What remains of the total of 36 pennants available I'll send to anyone else interested. Again I want to state that I don't want to adversely impact rickalan35's efforts. If it means not getting the Jimini pennant because you're on rickalan35's list, stick with his. I think there has been enough interest expressed that both projects can sell out without hurting the other.

When I get the pennants, I'll post a picture on the forum (can someone remind my how I can insert it in the posting?). Would those of you wanting the pennants please start sending me your online name, proper name, & shippng address to my personal e-mail address:

mysaabrocks@aol.com

That way, I can get them shipped to you and keep you informed via forum postings who's got shipped when using your online name for privacy.

I'm awaiting word from Jimini on what his per unit cost is. It was around $40 as I recall. I'll amortize the cost of his shipping them to me, and include the cost of shipping them to you for a final price that I'll let everyone know when I've got it worked up.

Let's all wish Jimini the best and keep his mother and him in our prayers.
wowzer52
Active User

Post by wowzer52 »

Amen, .....I still want two and will e-mail the info to you, but make sure you add enough or more to cover any extra cost plus, and let Jimmini know we'll be praying for him and his family.
1975 F-32 "SIMPLY BLESSED"
TADTOOMUCH
Moderate User

Good to hear that Jimini is doing better

Post by TADTOOMUCH »

Glad to hear Jimini is doing better. It is a tough deal with having older parents and the stress of dealing with things and trying to do what is right for them.

I too will continue with the purchase of the 2 pennants I ordered from Jimini and sent you my contact information. Just let me know if I should send you the money first or what.

I also will continue with the pennant I requested from Rickalan35 as he has also done a great deal of work to provide us Trojan owners with a quality pennant.

I have had at least two others in my marina ask about one since I told them we were working on this.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable winter and holiday season.
Boat Name: A TAD TOO MUCH
Model: 1978 F-32 Sedan Cruiser
Engines: Twin Chry 360's 666 hrs original engines

2013 Mercury 300 Ocean Runner 9.9hp Merc 4 stroke
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

I will still take one and will still take the one from Ricklan35
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
David Kane
Sporadic User

Post by David Kane »

Here's who I've got on my Ship To list as of 4pm today:

Original list:
QTY NAME
2 TADTOOMUCH
2 wowzer52 2
1 Prowlersfish 1
6 total out of 27 I'm holding for those who have priority. 21 more available in this category.

New to List:
1 00GPT
You'll get 1, 00GPT. 8 more available in this category for any newcomers.

Thanks, guys, for your quick response. The question was asked, do I want money now or wait. Hold off sending me any monies at this point. 1) I don't have a price to give you until I find out Jimini's per unit cost, but I expect the final cost (including shipping) to be in the $40-$45 range. 2) I'm just going to pass through the monies to Jimini, so either way will work for me, whatever you are comfortable with.
David Kane
Sporadic User

Post by David Kane »

OOPS, make that 5 total confirmed from the original list. Was thinking of mine also in the count. Just getting over the flu, the nastiest I can ever remember having it & still a bit fuzzy.
jordan
Sporadic User

Pennants

Post by jordan »

I still want the two I had ordered. Thanks for helping out with Jimini, give him our regards.

Thanks again, Jim

E-mail sent

PS. Boat is on the hard and covered up for the winter, now for the long wait till spring.
SHEGAVEIN (F-32)
Capt. Jim Jordan
jimbo36
Moderate User

Post by jimbo36 »

Great stuff guys!! Yes I am in for both for sure, and thanks to all who have helped out. Rick, I am on your second order list and I am fine with it. Jimbo.
jddens
Moderate User

Post by jddens »

I still want one, I'll email my details.......Thanks!!
1972 Trojan Sea Raider F30 - FI 350's "Time Warp"
1998 Kawasaki ZXi 1100
1972 Chevy Fleetside Shortbed hotrod.......450hp
10.5 Newport Inflatable w/15hp Rude
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

Glad to hear all is well or as well as possble with Jimini.

I remain committed to one pennant from Rick and Jimini.

Thanks to David and EVERYONE for putting this together.

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
rossjo
Ultimate User

Yes

Post by rossjo »

I can relate - I lost my mother this year. Pass my support on to Jimini !

I'll take 1 or even 2 if you have them!
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

pennant request

Post by aaronbocknek »

please add me to the list. i believe i added my name in september, but not sure if the original request got through. now that she finally has her new name, i will be christening her this very morning!! i am so excited and the transome painter did a fantastic job....dont worry folks, i will be posting a pic as soon as i can. her new name is
EVENT HORIZON , the type face is bold san serif, 34 degree slant to starboard. the color is navy with sky blue shadowing a color choice and type face in honor of the boat i grew up with and spent many a great day on... a 1972 trojan f-36 tri cabin. it would be an honor to fly the trojan pennant on EVENT HORIZON. i just wish that each and every one of you kind people were here in the middle river area to share in my special morning. not much is planned as i will probably be doing it alone, however, if anyone is in the area around 10am today, drop by slip 117 at parkside marina on edwards lane in middle river for the christening. i plan to say a hebrew prayer, then pour champagne over her bow and anchor then hang a new mezuzzah in the salon.... and of course, i will say a blessing for jimini and his family.
aaron,phil and maccabee of EVENT HORIZON
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

Mazel Tov !

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
David Kane
Sporadic User

Post by David Kane »

Here's where things stand as of 3pm today, Sat., Nov. 8th.

Original list:
QTY NAME
2 TADTOOMUCH
2 wowzer52 2
1 Prowlersfish
2 JORDAN
1 RWS
1 Jim Bell
1 jddens
2 LandVF36
2 rossjo

14 total out of 27 I'm reserving for those who have priority from Jimini's original list. 13 more available in this category.

New to List:
1 00GPT
1 LSP
1 aaronbocknek
1 jimbo36

4 total out of 9, leaving room for 5 more who weren't on Jimini's original list.

jimbo36, I need your name, postal address & e-mail address.
rossjo, I need your name & postal address.
Send the info. to my e-mail address (mysaabrocks@aol.com) so I can maintain your privacy.

prowlersfish, yesterday I thought I saw an entry from you concerning the price, which I thought was a real good question, but I'm not seeing it today. At the beginning of jimini's long thread, Trojan Yacht Pennant7, which is on p. 3 of the forum, his initial thinking on the price was around $20 each. Per his post on the 2nd page of that thread, Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:04 pm, he explains how the project went to essentially 2 flags sewn back-to back so the logo would not be reversed. That effectively doubled the cost to around $38 per unit.

I'm still awaiting word from Jimini confirming what his per unit price was. Will want to cover his shipping cost to me & my shipping cost (includes envelopes if needed) out to all of you in what the final price will be. I'm expecting those factors to cause the cost to creep into the low $40 range.

Well, it's on to help my daughter & her financee move. Will keep you all posted as more info/pennants come in.