1980 F-36 with spongy foredeck and flybridge floor

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Danny Bailey
Moderate User

1980 F-36 with spongy foredeck and flybridge floor

Post by Danny Bailey »

The balsa coring is wet, delaminated and rotten in places. Has anyone found a suitable way to repair this condition?
Buckknekkid
Sporadic User

repair

Post by Buckknekkid »

Yes! my wife bought me a Dremel for Xmas so here we go, I'll let you know how it goes.. :?
F36 ~
SHES SOLDDDDDD
f36f36

soft areas

Post by f36f36 »

Did a west system restore years ago on a carver, was aok on the front deck where an anchor was mounted.........currently doing one on my f36 flybridge maybe five sq ft. .....I have cut two 8 inch acess holes behind the helm seats to clean out the mess.....then i will mix the west system epoxy up & soak 1 inch sections of nylon line & 4x4 sections of fiberglasss & force these new "Bridges" into the envelopes of fiberglass........West sytems reccomends a book put out by "Goiguion" or some spelling like that....It shows various methods & theories on how to go about restoration of areas........I will cover the two 8 inch holes with round access plates to coordinate with the color of the deck so it will not look like a fix.........I'd like to try expanding foam but the warping / craking of the decks due to expansion in a consealed area concerns me.....plus if you get the faom anywhere its not wanted & it dries it can only be removed via sanding
Buckknekkid
Sporadic User

Post by Buckknekkid »

I opened a serious can of worms. we removed the cockpit sole and everything else. now its time to create Tabs everywhere and start to stiffen up the boat first. Then we will spend february excavating and filling. March will be finishing month
F36 ~
SHES SOLDDDDDD
Trojanboats.net

WE HAVE A GREAT FIX FOR BAD BALSA

Post by Trojanboats.net »

WE HAVE IN STOCK AND HAVE USED TWO NEW PRODUCT FOR FIXING BALSA MUSH AND IT IS A QUICK EASY LIGHT FIX. AND SOME OTHER FIXES FOR COVERING THE CUT MARKS.

GIVE US A CALL
BEACON MARINE SUPPLY

OR E MAIL ME BOB@TROJANBOATS.NET
1215 547 8853