v berth mattress

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

g36
Moderate User

v berth mattress

Post by g36 »

78 f32. looking to make sleeping a bit more comfy has anybody had a v berth mattress made? still using what is probably the original cushions to sleep on and i would like to get a better nights sleep than present. we spend alot of overnights and think its about time. like to get a few thougths from you guys on this. thanks
1997 CARVER 405
"the BLACK PEARL"

past fleet
1978 F32 SEDAN CHRYSLER 318's

current fleet
1997 seadoo gts
1997 yamaha wave venture
1985 sunbird 18 ft runabout
1968 coronado sailboat 25 ft
sunfish
14' hobie cat
canoe
8ft portabote
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

Any furniture repair shop should be able to do the work. Give them your old ones to use as templates so they can match the outside curves in both L & V directions.
You should be able to have any options added too. I had them use HD foam with a 2" topping of memory foam and I selected the fabric for them to use as the cover. Micro fibre cover with vinyl on the bottom to ensure I don't get any condensation into the foam.

Very comfortable sleep.... the new ones were at least 1 1/2" thicker....
Last edited by ready123 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

A while back, I asked about something along the same lines but modified.

I think it's possible to put a mattress from one side at a 45 degree to the otherside...eliminating the two halves and making one double sized mattress. Maybe not...? :roll:

http://www.trojanboats.net/wforum/viewt ... h+mattress
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
jordan
Sporadic User

Post by jordan »

My family spends alot of weekends in our boat and the original v berth cushions were not comfortable. My wife ordered a king size memory foam mattress cover, must be at least 2" thick maybe 3", I cut it to fit as one piece over the v berth cushions and it made all the difference. She is making custom fitted sheets for it this winter. Cheap and comfortable.
Jim
SHEGAVEIN (F-32)
Capt. Jim Jordan
Danny Bailey
Moderate User

Post by Danny Bailey »

We had all our upholstery recovered in 2004 and had the v-berth cushions made with thicker foam (5 inches best I remember). The old ones ( 3- 4 inches) would let your bones bottom out on the plywood. The thicker foam makes all the difference.
1980 F-36 with 6BTA 250 Cummins enjoying the Sounds and coastal waters of North Carolina
mr elevman
Moderate User

Post by mr elevman »

we replaced all ower foam last lear thairs a place in colingswood that will cut what ever you want he has marine grade foam 2-3-4-5- inch thick ill have my wife find his card and ill post it he allso has a wide select. of marine vinal
thecode9000

Post by thecode9000 »

I had mine redone... Took the old cushions to a local upholstery shop and picked the fabric I liked, they used the same foam but put some other material to fill it out. Looks and feels great, I will post pics...
gofish103
Sporadic User

Post by gofish103 »

were having our v berth cushions recovered and and they are adding two more inches of foam. and the bench cushions are also be recovered. We used a sunbrella fabric. I'll post pics as soon as they are done.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

We put 3 or 4 inch memory foam on top what a diffrence it made !
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
duchess
Sporadic User

inner spring mattress

Post by duchess »

We had inner spring mattress s made up for the v berth by Gioia Sails in Lakewood N.J. He makes them himself. Just like sleeping at home. He also made up custom sheeets and mattress pads for us. Give him a call times are tight right now if you need any enclosure or other work done you might be surprised at the pricing . They have a web site http://www.gioiasails.com. No they dont do any sails. He can do anything you need for a boat . phone in N.J. is 732 901 6770. He also has a shop in Florida in Palm Coast 386 446 6650
DUCHESS 1987 F36
captain jack

Post by captain jack »

Serlo mattresses in milwaukee wisconsin will make you a custom fit regular bed mattress for your boat. Call them and they will ask for the measurements and will usually have it done and shipped to you in about 3 days. :D