Needle in a hay stack (Main salon aft port window)

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Wes
Moderate User

Needle in a hay stack (Main salon aft port window)

Post by Wes »

I purchased a 1983 10 meter flybridge/aft cabin last fall. Before I purchased the boat the previous owner had to have the starboard engine replaced. This required removing the aft port side and center main salon plexiglass windows. When the yard was replacing the curved port side window it cracked. They hired a local glass shop to replace the window and the shop did a lousey job using 1/8 inch lexan. To top it off the glass shop discarded the original window. I understand that Trojan only made 4 of this model. To recreate the window is going to be a MAJOR project. Does anyone know of a place that might have a part like this or of one of the other 3 boats that might not still be afloat? I sure would appreciate any info on this.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Did you check with Bob here at trojan boats ? he may have the drawings so you have one made in not maybe marine tech may have the drawings

Paul
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D