Fuel system on 36 Sport Sedan

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

planb

Fuel system on 36 Sport Sedan

Post by planb »

Anyone know about the fuel system on a 36 Sport Sedan? There are four fuel fills, but I only see two tanks? There is a switch at the main helm that switches the tanks from the regular tanks to reserve tanks?

Are both the regular and reserve tank systems fully separated? Are there two or four tanks? Do they operate independently?

Thanks for any input
mintregila

Post by mintregila »

If you are equipped with the aux tanks then there are 4. Two are outboard of the engines and two smaller ones are located under the cockpit on either side of the genset.

There should be a series of valves on the forward bulkhead in the engine compartment that will allow you to draw from any of the tanks.
Mark I.
planb

Mintregia-Thanks for the reply and Information

Post by planb »

Thanks for you speedy reply. There is a puc/pull knob below the main helm wheel to switch between the reguar tanks and reserve tanks. I will look for the two reserver tanks where you said they may be.

Thanks Again
Buckknekkid
Sporadic User

Post by Buckknekkid »

Ours are under the cockpit sole. If they would allow pictures I have a lot of my refit.
F36 ~
SHES SOLDDDDDD