teak ladder, anyone?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Tuck
Moderate User

teak ladder, anyone?

Post by Tuck »

anyone have a 3 step teak ladder they want to get rid of? or one that will mount under a teak platform on an f-32?

my best friend, who i affectionaly refer to as 'fat bastard', was trying to bring his whale sized butt out of the water this last weekend, and in the process, managed to pull the left side of the ladder off of the platform, along with the screws that were holding it.

instead of continuing to use it (i was afraid this was going to happen anyway), i was thinking about getting a 3 step ladder to replace it with to make it easier to get out of the water.
Terran
1986 Silverton 40' Aftcabin

Terran
(former 1977 F-32)
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

was the drop down ladder just screwed onto the top of the platform? it was not through bolted into place?
go to hamilton marine on line and look at some of the telescoping ladders available as a retro fit. you will probably have to put some small teak mounting boards ontop of the platform to compensate for the width, but it might work.
does he really weigh that much to pull a ladder off the platform? god forbid he should try to get up to the bridge.
yipes!!
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
g36
Moderate User

ladder

Post by g36 »

if interested this is the one installed on my boat that you saw. this is a windline product this just happens to be listed on ebay. might find it cheaper at other online stores if your interested in this design. i like it cause it keeps the teak platform uncluttered and it slides out of the way underneath. it is narrower that your original or others but to me the trade off was fine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Windline-Slide-Moun ... dZViewItem
1997 CARVER 405
"the BLACK PEARL"

past fleet
1978 F32 SEDAN CHRYSLER 318's

current fleet
1997 seadoo gts
1997 yamaha wave venture
1985 sunbird 18 ft runabout
1968 coronado sailboat 25 ft
sunfish
14' hobie cat
canoe
8ft portabote
Old Flame

Swim Ladders

Post by Old Flame »

Try http://www.butlermarine.com. They appear to have teak and plastic step swim ladders. Haven't bought from them myself though.
Jim - 1985 36' Tricabin
"Old Flame"
Sassafras Harbor Marina
Georgetown, MD
Tuck
Moderate User

Post by Tuck »

thanks guys...
Terran
1986 Silverton 40' Aftcabin

Terran
(former 1977 F-32)
wowzer52
Active User

Post by wowzer52 »

Tuck, I sandwiched the swimboard with stainless strips to pick up strength from all the slats for my dingy davits and my swim ladder mounts and they withstand more weight and abuse. I can also loosen the screws and move them around if I need to. The screws are between the slats so I didn't have to drill holes in the platform. check em out.
1975 F-32 "SIMPLY BLESSED"