Replacing Windshield on F32

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Replacing Windshield on F32

Post by captainmaniac »

I am trying to replace one panel (cracked) in the windshield on my 1979 F32 Sedan. The biggest problem so far --- getting the old windshield out ! Screws have been removed on the inside of the frame, caulk around the outside has been removed, but having trouble cutting or otherwise removing caulk / sealer / adhesive that is between the window and the main frame ...

Any experiencs would be greatly appreciated ! I don't want to destroy something else trying to get this window out.

Thx

Dave
wayne

Window replacement

Post by wayne »

I just finished replacing port side, front window glass in our 1976 F32 Trojan. Once srews on inside removed, caulking removed on inside and outside, the four metal brackets on outside could be cut loose and old window lifted out. New window seated on rubber, caulked with marine silicone and window bedded, bars replaced and srews gently replaced. I wish I could take credit for the replacement but it was a glass company that did the replacement. Hope this helps.