Swap Trojans to Vacation in different areas??

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

JuiceClark
Moderate User

Swap Trojans to Vacation in different areas??

Post by JuiceClark »

The wife and I need a damn vacation! After completely renovating my 1982 F-36, we've been cruisin' a bit and love it.
But wouldn't it be cool if we could cruise around somewhere (just long weekends and holidays) in the great lakes, Canada, Ozarks, New England, etc??? The thing is, I know every square inch of my boat. So, if you have an F-36 I, for the most part, know every inch of your boat too. Even better, you know almost every inch of mine. (not sure that sounds good) So, I'm sure you'd know how to treat her.
Anyway, if any of you have a boat like mine and want to swap sometime so you can bum around Southwest Florida, just let me know. If you're up North, you might want to wait until February and take advantage of our weather. I know I'd like to come-up and cool off in the summer.

Tony Clark in Fort Myers, FL
etpence

Post by etpence »

Why swap boats
I bought my trojan in detroit MI and sailed her from the saint clair river on lake erie to baytown tx up lake huron down lake michigan and the hit the river system in chicago thru the tenn tom bigbe waterway to mobil al. then the intercoastal to tx
it was the most relaxing cruising Ive ever done and plan to make the trip back the other way upto kentucky lake
they call the route the great circle tour,
you should think about it cruising through the blue ridge mountains was outstanding, marines and fuel was no problem
invest in a Quimblies cruising guide and take off
you wont regret it
todd
31 trojan, Mio Mio
JuiceClark
Moderate User

Lucky bugger

Post by JuiceClark »

I've always wanted to do the great circle...even read the book about it. Problem is my wife and both work full time. So, we'd have to cruise in 3 day weekends flying back and forth. Ain't gonna happen until we retire I guess.
So, we just keep doing the FL mini-loop. (from Ft Myers across the big ditch to West Palm...out to Bimini...back to Ft Lauderdale...around the keys...back to Everglades City, then Marco Is. then Naples...then home again. Guess I shouldn't complain...not bad.
So, if anyone ever wanted to swap for a few days...that's the only way I think we could cruise up North in the cool air sometime in the next 15 years.

Unless...could you loan me a couple million bucks? Without interest??