Window Covers for F-36 (the cheapo way)

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

JuiceClark
Moderate User

Window Covers for F-36 (the cheapo way)

Post by JuiceClark »

I have 3 separate window covers for my 3 big front windows. I'd much rather have one large piece (most common) that covers all three and a little around the corner.
I see the snaps are already there from the last guy. But it's a really complicated measurement to figure out because of the way the middle window sticks out and the windows on each side are not perfectly square. (what do you call that? trapezoidal??)
I'm not paying $1000 to have somebody do that for me. Does anyone know how I can get the measurements to make my own window cover from fabric I'll buy on Ebay. Have an old one? I'll pay you to mail it to me so I can trace it.
I know what your thinkin'....and heck yes I'm cheap!!
Buckknekkid
Sporadic User

Post by Buckknekkid »

go to Home Depot, buy a roll of kraft paper in the paint section, mask it up and trace the windows. side ones should be 45 high, 40 at the bottom and 37 at the top. I paid $450 for mine in Top Gun. :roll:
F36 ~
SHES SOLDDDDDD
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

mine ran just shy of $400
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D