Insurance Bill Just Arrived -- whoa!

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

JuiceClark
Moderate User

Insurance Bill Just Arrived -- whoa!

Post by JuiceClark »

Looks like Boat U.S. doubled the cost of my insurance coverage this year. My 1982 F-36 will be about $2,500/year. Maybe I shouldn't have put that teak & holly sole in there and all the other expensive stuff. Nah...it's worth it. (Insured for $60k)

Anyway, here's the interesting part. I called Geico, because I have my car insurance with them, and they say they don't insure ANY Trojan or Carver boats. Of course, I replied with disgust like anytime the name Carver is mentioned in the same sentence with Trojan! (I know the current arrangement)

So the hell with Geico. But have any of you had really good luck with a certain marine insurance company?? If so, please share. Boat US was really pretty decent after a hurricane down here...but let's keep 'em fair!
Tony in Fort Myers, FL
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Boat us when up 40% or so on me last year (july) due to hurricans
and I live in Va I change to Nationwide (have home owners and auto with them ) old boat us 1200. ( to go up ) nationwide 900. with more coverage

Paul
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Buckknekkid
Sporadic User

WOW

Post by Buckknekkid »

Im paying a puny $1K for a six month season. full replacement $ 74K value
F36 ~
SHES SOLDDDDDD
JuiceClark
Moderate User

danged insurance

Post by JuiceClark »

That's not that bad...with whom?? Boat US wants $2450/year (was 1200 last year) and my replacement value is at only 60K. In 20 years the insurance will have bought the boat...but this F-36 is such a tank, it might just last another 25.

I guess livin' in FL I'll have to get used to it...even though we've only had 2 hurricanes in 75 years. People who don't know how to tie their boats-up for a storm are really costing the rest of us one hell of a lot!

Tony in Fort Myers, FL
NYRaider

Post by NYRaider »

Try this insurance...free quotes
http://www.hagerty.com/

I'm paying 300 for a 56 sea queen...17K policy
JuiceClark
Moderate User

Thanks

Post by JuiceClark »

Didn't think to try Hagerty...thanks. I guess a 1982 is getting old enough for a collector's insurance agency. Will advise for everyone's benefit what they quote me.

I always wanted one of them really vintage Trojans like a Sea Queen...like a little sister for my F-36.

Tony
JuiceClark
Moderate User

great tip!

Post by JuiceClark »

Zurich...never thought of them and there's a guy here in Sw FL! See...I knew I joined this website for a reason! :D
etpence

Post by etpence »

try progressive
they have good rates on boats
they have treated me well
todd
31 trojan, MIO MIO
willietrojan
Moderate User

Post by willietrojan »

I’m also with Progressive and they don’t require a survey either