Max hp ??? 1982 center console 20' trojan

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

xscash2blo

Max hp ??? 1982 center console 20' trojan

Post by xscash2blo »

I have a 20' center console. The boat is a 1982 Trojan . Its hull number is TRJABC17C781-1982-2c4. Would anyone know the max output this hull can handle. It currently has twin 50hp but I want to upgrade to bigger motors if possible. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
chucka
Sporadic User

Post by chucka »

Here is a link to USCG guidlines for backyard boat builders to calculate safe HP and load ratings.

http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/education_ ... dboatbuild ers.pdf

There are some formulas in here that might help, but it gets kind of technical.
Good Luck!
Chuck
formerly
Lots A Luck
Trojan F-26 Express
Narragansett Bay, RI
JuiceClark
Moderate User

I want one.

Post by JuiceClark »

My F-36 needs a little brother...bet that center console is sweet. Any pics??

When I restored the first Wellcraft Airslot, I put a bracket on and the guy and Stainless Marine helped with the calculation. We were lengthening the back (less weight), but adding floatation (more weight)....etc. Also, I ran 2 aluminum bars from a plate on the transom to both main stringers to transfer the weight.

I put suzuki 4 strokes on mine because they were WAY lighter than anything else...even Mercury 2 strokes! Worked great.
Tony