1974 Sea Raider

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Michelle

1974 Sea Raider

Post by Michelle »

Just purchased this boat last fall. This boat has a lot of teak. Prior owners kept it under boat house. I'm going to keep it at dock without cover. How bad will this be for boat/teak? Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Michelle
etpence

Post by etpence »

Hello

you you keep it oiled with some good quality teak oil this shouldnt be a problem, the sun will bleach it out other wise
I have a 31 with lots of teak and its at my dock behind the house in the hot TX sun and as long as I keep it oiled its looking good, as for the boat it self covered is alway better!

todd
31 trojan Mio Mio 8)
Michelle

Teak product

Post by Michelle »

Would there be any teak product that you would recommend?
Thanks for the info.
etpence

Post by etpence »

I use a product from star brite called Teak Gold and I like it
but there are several good oils availble I get mine from West Marine
just make sure its a good quaity oil
and that before you oil it the first time that your teak is clean
they make several teak cleaners, I find the 2 part cleaners work best with a min. amount of laber to perform this task which is good when you have a lot of teak to clean, my whole deck is deak and this stuff you just brush on and hose off, it will turn a blackish color as it brings the dirt out of the grains of the wood, if your boat is fiberglass dont allow it to dry on it because it will stain it slightly, you can get it off but it takes elbow muscle
todd
31 trojan Mio Mio :)