plastic storage covers in cabin.

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

seavoyager36

plastic storage covers in cabin.

Post by seavoyager36 »

In my 1971 sedan, I have the ugliest green plastic sliding storage covers which run at the floor level along the sides in the main cabin. They are about 11" high and 30" long and slide in the groves-there are 3 on each side. Has anyone found replacements or made their own?
Buckknekkid
Sporadic User

Butt ugly

Post by Buckknekkid »

We had one of our cabinet makers create doors and ripped the sliders out of our salon
F36 ~
SHES SOLDDDDDD
chumwithabottleofrum
Sporadic User

Post by chumwithabottleofrum »

I have replace some of the clear plastic on my F26HT-the front windows and the vent windows under the windshield. If you can remove those green plastic panels they are pretty easy to replace. Any shop that fabricates acrylic or polycarbonate sheet plastics can make them for you. I would suggest polycarb-it's more expensive, but a much better plastic-does not scratch as easily and is more "pliable" (read less brittle than acrylic sheet). You can get various tints-gray, bronze etc-in either plastic.
Hope this helps.
timewilltell

Post by timewilltell »

Hey Buckknekkid aka Ray Barclay operating as Barclay Developments Inc ... didn't you also lose that cabinet maker a month later because you asked him to do something that he didn't want on his conscience?