11 meter Trojan and cored hull?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

fighterpilot
Sporadic User

11 meter Trojan and cored hull?

Post by fighterpilot »

I am looking at a 1985 Trojan 11 meter boat. I have a number of questions that are best answered by those that have one, so here goes. Can it be driven from the lower helm? That is can one see over the bow? How accessible are the engnes? Big hatches or little hatches? I see it has a cored hull. Pascoe, the surveyor is critical of cored hulls. What is the 11 meters record? What size props with diesel power? Example might be 315 Cummins. What is cruise in knots with a pair of 6tba 315 Cummins or examples of cruise with other engines. Assume full fuel, water and 6 people going fishing. Thanks for your help.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

you get a lot diffrent ansers on your qrestions all will be opinons as what is good or bad engine access or size of hatchs , can it be driven from the lower helm , one peron will be happy with it a nother will not .

The only way to anwser those questions is for you to look at the boat yourself and a sea trial . the cummins IMO are great engines , as far as a cored Hull ,I am no fan of then but I have not heard of any issues with trojans .

As far as Pascoe goes he has some good points , but is has opions that or just that opions not fact , like he seems to dislike diesels on any boat thats not a mega boat , take what he says with a grain of salt just like dock talk .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
JuiceClark
Moderate User

Post by JuiceClark »

I love those Intl' Series layouts. Since Trojans don't tend to blister, it'll probably be alright. That being said, if I bought one that would be the one that turns into a disaster.

If I had a cored hull boat, I'd do what my neighbors do with their cored boats: keep it on a lift. Then, you wouldn't have to worry about it. One neighbor has a 45' Meridian on a lift because it started showing the beginnings of blisters in less than one year! Now, his million dollar view is blocked by the million dollar boat that is no longer worth half that.
willietrojan
Moderate User

Post by willietrojan »

I believe the 14Meter was the only Trojan hull that was cored.
WillieTrojan (Owned F32, Willpower in Kinsale, Va)
Spanish Fort, Al

Looking for 33 International
fighterpilot
Sporadic User

cored hull

Post by fighterpilot »

Parker and McKnew's powerboat guide indicates the 11 meter had a fully cored hull. Also the 12 meter and the 13 meter.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: cored hull

Post by prowlersfish »

fighterpilot wrote:Parker and McKnew's powerboat guide indicates the 11 meter had a fully cored hull. Also the 12 meter and the 13 meter.

I beleve thats wrong I know only one size had a corded hull , I think its the 13 or 14 . I will try to find out .

My info says its is the 14 meter The others are not cored .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Jerry
Moderate User

Post by Jerry »

I know there is an old post on here talking about if the hulls are cored or not. What I can tell you is the 10 and 11 Meter Express boats that I had were not cored, and the 12 Meter that I have now is also not cored.
There is a guy on here that has a 12 Meter Convertible that is cored as he put a new transducer in and found out.
fighterpilot
Sporadic User

11 meter sedan, cored hull or not??

Post by fighterpilot »

Has anyone been able to determine if the 11 meter SEDAN, built 1985 to 1988 has the cored hull. Althought the Guidebook for the 11 meter express built 1990-1992 doesen't mention a cored hull, it does indicate the early 11 meter express, 1983-1989 and the 11 meter SEDAN had a "fully cored, modified V Delta Conic Hull". Thanks
fourreins
Moderate User

Post by fourreins »

I spoke with Bob who runs the forum about a week ago about the same topic. He stated the hull was not cored. I also thought the 14 meter was the only cored international series.
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

I've been told by a former Trojan factory employee that every International above the 10 meter is cored, but that certainly has not been confirmed.

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

Why not contact Beacon Marine... they know, give them the HIN and you may get more.....
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
fourreins
Moderate User

Post by fourreins »

Bob at Beacon said they were not cored....
fighterpilot
Sporadic User

cored hull or not

Post by fighterpilot »

Thanks for the additonal information. The 11 meter sedan is one of the two or three boats I am considering in my search for a boat. If it is cored I will pass. Who is Beacon Marine? What are their credentials regarding a 11 meter sedan being cored or not? Thanks
millrock

Post by millrock »

There is a good article on the Boat us website about the designer of the delta-conic hull and its many attributes. http://www.boatus.com/boatgroups/forum/ ... =1427&PN=1 it starts out with the introduction of the 10 meter in 1981 and then as you see by the end of the article goes into the 11 and 13 meter. My take on the article is the hull is solid glass and the cabin sides and deck are cored which is great. I have a 1988 Trojan 11 meter and love it, very roomy handles well. Because of the hull design I can bring it up to plane and maintain it at lower rpm. Ive heard a lot of different ideas as to the type of hull on the trojan let me know what you feel after seeing this article.
fighterpilot
Sporadic User

cored bottom on meter boats

Post by fighterpilot »

Millrock-can't seem to get the link to work. I will keep searching that site and maybe find it. It is one of the slower sites I have ever linked to but haven't given up yet. Thanks for the suggestion.