2009 Trojan Boater of The Year !!!!!!

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

2009 Trojan Boater of The Year !!!!!!

Post by prowlersfish »

Well it is time to vote for Trojan Boater of The Year ! ( there maybe a prize) rules are simple (as i made them :) ) vote for 2 people who you think should be the" Trojan Boater of The Year" and please tell why you thing they should win . the winner will be Judged by the number of votes they get and the reasons listed on why . You can vote for yourself but that won't earn any brownie points for sure . Like I said there maybe a prize (no guarantee as its my dime) .
lets have fun !!

my first vote is for Wes because he came 400 miles each way just to meet Other Trojan Boaters at the 2009 Trojan rendezvous

mysecond vote is ..... I have 3 folks in mine and will have give it some thought.(coin flip)

now lets vote
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Wes
Moderate User

Vote

Post by Wes »

I vote for Paul since he's on the board most of the time trying to help people as much as he possibly can. He has a vast amount of knowledge and is more than willing to share it with everyone. I have also heard him traveling to other's boats to help anyone he can. To me that's what makes an Ultimate Boating Brother and deserving of the Boater of the Year award. Besides that, if he wins, he can present himself with a prize that he really wants, maybe a 45' Ocean.

Wes
Wes
Moderate User

PS

Post by Wes »

PS to my earlier vote for Paul.
Paul acted very quickly and with great skill to keep one of our beloved Trojans from sinking this year. He almost lost his F36 while at sea but managed to bring her home safely and get her back in shape for his journey to the 2009 rendezvous.
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

I nominate Ready123 for his technical knowledge and willingness to answer all sorts of posts, and also reccomend Rossjo for his in depth expertise and for bringing us interesting topics like the nightmare of the 63 Bertram.
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
LSP
Active User

Post by LSP »

Paul gets my vote for #1. Here's my reasons...
1> I truely believe he does everything in his power to support this site. You know he always clicks on and supports the sponsers when entering or leaving without a complaint.
2> He has more posts (double) any other member....whether you like what he says or not hahaha
3> I don't think there's anyone more knowledgeable then Paul.
4> He lives on this site because he doesn't have a life (so I've heard)
5> He helped talk up the gathering at St. Michaels and was there.
6> He's willing to help anyone that he can and is normally the first to respond to someone's question (again...he doesn't have a life)
7> He'd argue with a Stop Sign if he thinks what you're doing is unsafe and won't work
8> He's the kind of guy that helps make this whole thing work for all of us and is a true asset to the Trojan family. He's also not full of BS and he told me so.

There's a number of members on this site that deserve to be the runner up. I could sit here all night and list all the great things all of you guys do and say....so I'll refrain from a second choice.
Will - LSP
1976 F32 "Donegal"
1985 10 Meter "Whakanui"
Hog Pen Creek
Middle River, Md
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

you get 2 votes

Post by prowlersfish »

Remember you get to vote for 2 people :D
Last edited by prowlersfish on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Peter
Moderate User

Post by Peter »

where's the bandwagon?....Paul [ my personal on line hero... :D ]
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

good god how do go against a wave like this I also vote for Paul he's nice guy and helpful to all (even those ice fishers') I see his only down fall is spell checking :lol:

and Wes for his travels
and I'll put Largo up for new-be of the year
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

OK fellow boaters thanks for the votes BUT sense I started this and am the Judge so to speak of . Please Vote for someone else.

Those that have voted and gave me a vote please re-vote and remember you get 2 votes

Thank You
Last edited by prowlersfish on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Molly Too

Post by Molly Too »

Ok Paul, if you're taking yourself out, then I vote for Captain Ross - for being another generous offerer of assistance and MTP for keeping is thinking with his inquisitiveness.

Now about that Judgeship......Wampner, Judy, Joe Brown....Paula, Simon, Randy....no, no, no.....
Mel Spruill
Molly Too
'87 F32
wowzer52
Active User

Post by wowzer52 »

In deed Prowlerfish is obviously a great asset not only to this forum but to the whole boating community and he personally has my vote as does Stripermann2 and many others that are more than willing to help in any given situation, but since Prowlerfish has taken himself out and there are so many that could be measured on the helpful scale that I feel we could also look at the other end of the scale. There are people here that do not have great boating knowledge and skills but really want to continue learning and are not only willing but desire to give back in any way possible. These people are not too puffed up to admit they may not have the right answer but wish to help, giving what they can with humbleness and respect for individual ideas. True boaters are a special breed. Kind, caring, friendly and willing to sacrifice when needed, even to those they don't know. With that being said, my votes are:
1. David Kane;
A friend to anyone who needs one, Volunteering to finish a demanding task with the pendants when jimmini got sick, and like others, no matter where he stands on the ladder of boating knowledge, he is willing to share, and encourage.
2. rossjo; Dedicated to boating, no matter what brand, always ready to offer help and encouragement.

Prowlerfish,... you might pull yourself from being a candidate this time, but next year please allow these members to show there appreciation for your tremendous dedication and input to this forum and the boating community. Thank you.
1975 F-32 "SIMPLY BLESSED"
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Paul, tough one...
You foremost, are deserving for your contribution on so many levels to the forum and to those asking for help or ideas. I think everyone knows who they can rely on for a thorough answer.

Along this theme, I think EVERYONE here is Trojan Boater Of The Year! Everyday, someone here has an idea or solution to help a fellow Trojan owner. Everyone here shines in one form or another, on the water or right here at TB.

I think as far as boating itself, would be for you and Wes... for traveling the furthest to see that we all had a great rendezvous. And for the others, further north in the bay to come down as well, was simply amazing....you know who you are! Just too many great people here.

Thanks for another great year, I'm looking forward to 2010 - Hope you're all along for the ride! :wink:
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
chauzer
Moderate User

Post by chauzer »

ok! paul is was going to vote for you because of your depth of knowledge and going out of his way to pass that knowledge on (thank you for the pics of your outriggers and the bass, nice!) but seeing as you gracefully bowed out i would have to say rossjo for his quick answers to questions no matter how trivial and alexander38 for busting my ba**s on the ice fishing issue and keeping me on my toes! by the way we've been mopping up on the northerns. the whitefish and walleyes are starting to cut loose on green bay (invitation is still open!).
life is tough! it's even tougher if your stupid.
~john wayne~
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

Hi guys! Great to login from the MidWest while visiting family and mother-in-law in the hospital (doing a little better now, but not good). Snow on the ground, and I decided to logon and see what was going on in the Trojan world ...

Trojan Boater of the Year
? Wow - there are so many to choose from. I would vote for Paul, but he has taken himself out of the running as self ordained judge. Ready, Wowzer, Chauzer, LSP, Willie, Striperman, etc. have provided much useful advice (as have many others who I know I'm missing). Tony in Fort Myers has offered a ton of help, and who can forget Larry (Largo) who was ready to leave us behind at one point, but it now part of the club! Then we have Don who provides the site (3 cheers!) - should be the Honorary Trojan Boater of the Year just for that!.

In the end, I must vote for Jimini, for getting our Pennants even when he had to quit boating. My 2nd vote goes to David for closing the pennant deal.

Thanks to everyone who has providing help when its needed, and making this the best forum I have ever been involved with.
Last edited by rossjo on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

wowzer52
Thank you I just felt it would not be right start this ant then try to win it.
I just thought this would be fun and it is . I could Vote for so many of you .( to bad we don't have such good choice in D.C.) My First vote was Wes but it very hard to pick the second Vote . If all that have been Voted for are good choices .

What a great group. !

I may tally the Vote around new Years , Lets keep the votes and the reasons coming

We Have some of you that need to revote WILL/ WES /PETER / alexander38
Last edited by prowlersfish on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels