Instrument Panel Parts

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Ball Dragger

Instrument Panel Parts

Post by Ball Dragger »

I have recently purchased a 1981 F-32, However the flybridge instrument panel is "rough" at best. Does anyone know of a supplier that may furnish gages or a new instrument panel for an F-32?
Any help or advise would be appreciated.
JuiceClark
Moderate User

Flybridge helm

Post by JuiceClark »

I just rebuild my instrument panel. I took all the gauges out but left them hanging from their wires even though I was buying all new gauges(so the wires stayed organized). I took the old, plastic panel down to a local plastics shop and had them recreate one out of very nice looking plexiglass lookin' stuff.

After the piece was cut I bought all new gauges. The panel is dark blue so I got white faced gauges. I cut all the holes with a hole saw...it was easy. I put the autopilot up in the left corner and the new Floscan twinscan gauge in the upper right. With the old gauges still hanging there, I just moved the wires, one at a time, from the old gauge to the new.

One more thing...you need some kind of lights to show what's on...like the existing ones you'll want to get rid of. They sell small, individual led lights at discount auto parts that work perfectly and are cheap.

Will try to take a picture to post this week.

Tony in Fort Myers, FL