9 Meter performance

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

rpbolling

9 Meter performance

Post by rpbolling »

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know performance numbers on a Trojan 9 meter with twin Crusader 454's? Thanks.
takeachance

9M

Post by takeachance »

I have a 9M....... What kind of numbers are you looking for? She runs very well.
rpbolling

454 performance on 9 Meter

Post by rpbolling »

Hello, I have finally found someone with another 9 meter. Great. Whats your cruise speed...rpms....max speed...rpms. Any and all performance numbers would be appreciated. Thanks.
takeachance

9M Performance

Post by takeachance »

Morning…….. Where you located? I have an 83 9M with tower. When I first did a sea trial on her, she was a dog! 16 – 18 knots WOT. Had her hauled and was surprised at how clean the bottom was but a little growth on the props. Cleaned them off, and a whole other world. I knew it would be but not to the extent it was. I have 1.5/1 borgs for gears and 16 x 18 pitch with around 40 – 60 thousand cup in props. Again, tower with full enclosure. Trying to remember off the top of my head, 3000 rpm – 22 knots, 3200 rpm - 24 knots, 3400 rpm – 25 knots, and WOT which is 4000 rpm for me 29.5 knots. These numbers too are full load of fuel and recently having the props tuned……. I'm sure these were the original props and I'm not turning up the 4200 - 4400 rpm range due to the tower, but that's fine with me...........
rpbolling

9 Meter

Post by rpbolling »

I live in New Orleans. I sent you an email with more questions, etc. Thanks.