MEMBERS WE HAVE NOT HEARD FROM FOR A WHILE

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

foofer b
Ultimate User

MEMBERS WE HAVE NOT HEARD FROM FOR A WHILE

Post by foofer b »

Here is a forum for those who have been away for a while or who have just not posted for some time. Sound off, please....
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

It may be possible that their boat is out of the water (winter) and they may have other pastimes (skiing) so they have no need or interest to be on the site. :wink:
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

With me it is the opposite, if it had not been so darn cold this winter, I would not have irritated the forum members nearly so much. As it was, it's been too darn cold to dive the springs, fish, or even go boating. So i have been cooped up with nuttin to do but troll the internet. Have enjoyed the forum immensely though, don't get me wrong.
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
JuiceClark
Moderate User

Post by JuiceClark »

Hey everyone!
I haven't been posting too much lately (couple times per month or so) because this is the year I'm getting back into shape. I hurt my knee a few years ago and gained 30 pounds - haven't been able to lose it no matter what. So, instead of chattin' when the work is done, I bolt out to the tennis court, my rowing boat and sometimes even the Trojan.

More than anything, ever tourist season my extracurricular activities drop like a rock with all the fundraisers, traffic jams, social events and other annoyances here in Sw FL. We just get all the crap outta' the way and they'll be headed home after Easter so we can live again!

I'm up to nearly 800 hours on my big blocks already...man, how time flies. Funny how boats got so cheap but engines didn't...especially for a nice diesel repower.
MTP
Moderate User

Post by MTP »

I will post here even though you have heard more than from my wife
TIKI III
1985 F32
270 Crusaders
Wet and happy
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 9727_n.jpg
TADTOOMUCH
Moderate User

Winter Funk

Post by TADTOOMUCH »

I'm still around. I have just been in a winter wonderland, bad economic times, depressing funk. Can't wait for spring to get here. It would be nice if it would STOP SNOWING!
Boat Name: A TAD TOO MUCH
Model: 1978 F-32 Sedan Cruiser
Engines: Twin Chry 360's 666 hrs original engines

2013 Mercury 300 Ocean Runner 9.9hp Merc 4 stroke
Coralkong
Sporadic User

Post by Coralkong »

Still around.
Wes
Moderate User

Post by Wes »

I'm still here but don't have much to add that's worth while.
Wes
Danny Bailey
Moderate User

Post by Danny Bailey »

That's me too, Wes. Boat is sitting in the slip waiting for her spring haulout in April. Not much to 'forum' about since I put the Cummins in, although I did get a new generator and a new composting toilet last summer. We're considering heading south on the boat Nov 1 until we get tired of it. Never done that before but always dreamed of living on the boat in warmer places for a winter.
1980 F-36 with 6BTA 250 Cummins enjoying the Sounds and coastal waters of North Carolina
Mac32
Moderate User

Post by Mac32 »

Still here, but haven't started a single project on the boat since haul out. :cry:
Its not like the list is any where close to fitting on a single page but business has been so busy since october that the boat has taken a back seat to work.

Gotta work while the sun is shining and try to forget last year. Right???

Maybe I will get more time in the next few months to work on the boat and add something of value to the forum. Stay tuned.... :roll:
MAC32 "Fingers crossed for Flotation"
gofish103
Sporadic User

Post by gofish103 »

Still here also!! waiting for the freakin snow to melt!!! Was gonna go up to the lake next Saturday to check on things and brush the piles of snow off the shrink wrap!
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

Danny Bailey wrote:a new composting toilet last summer.
I would love to hear your impressions on that.... I have been considering one also rather than to replace the smelly hoses on my vacu-flush now and then convert later when I will be living aboard with no home marina....
How many person days can you go before dumping the solids? I've seen some sailors talk about 8 weeks for a crew of 3.
Where did you vent the fan?
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

What ever happened to TABOMA 2?

He was VERY ACTIVE on the old, original TBOA Trojan website that was started by John H.

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
robertBrown3232

Post by robertBrown3232 »

still here also nothing to add, so I just read every day and chuckle at some of the things on here. It will start to warm up sometime in the next month, at least for a day or two.
I have a 28 ft Trojan docked on Catawba Island in Onio. Would like to hear from other Trojan owners in the area.
Danny Bailey
Moderate User

Post by Danny Bailey »

I put the composter in right at the end of last summer so I have not tested capacity and dump times yet, but I have two friends with trawlers with the same toilets installed, and they said the claims on the website were true.....several weeks with two on board without dumping the dirt. The liquid (urine) is separated by the design of the bowl and goes in a 1.2 gallon jug which goes to the marina head when full. I ran the vent up to the gunnel and put a clamshell vent cover over it.
1980 F-36 with 6BTA 250 Cummins enjoying the Sounds and coastal waters of North Carolina