New owner - 10.8 International!

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

christur

New owner - 10.8 International!

Post by christur »

Well, the deal is done. We got (I think) a great deal on a 10.8 in Everet, WA and the family and I are excited for the season to start! We kept our old boat up in Anacortes, but we're going to try the lake for a summer and see how that works for us.

Next is getting some repairs done before we move her down to Seattle. I could probably do a lot of the easier stuff, but will need some help with timing, etc. Anyone have an opinion on the mechanics in Everett? Bayside marine, Harbor Marine, independents?

Chris
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

congrats on your aquisition.

You own one of the best all around hull designs built.

The 10.8 layout features the versatility to do almost anything, fish, cruise, overnight, explore, travel and adventure.

ENJOY HER.

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

Pretty boat!

Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
JuiceClark
Moderate User

Post by JuiceClark »

Perfect indeed. What a perfect example of utility, style and value. I just don't see how it could be any better?!
Paul
Active User

Post by Paul »

Now that's a beautiful boat!!!
Paul
"Cruise Control" 1978 F-26HT
"No Control" 2012 9' Grand RIB
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

Today we have the "bubble boats"

Designed in a hot abthtub with a bar of soaft soap.

Althouigh passe today, when they were introduced, these Internationals were truly groundbreaking from a style standpoint.

Additionally you get the ongoing benefits sound engineering and construction.

Even the wiring and plumbing systems are far superior to most of the mass produced boats of that era.

My International came with:

FACTORY INSTALLED WINDOW WASHERS

FACTORY INSTALLED RED LIGHTING THAT COMES ON WHEN THE ELECTRICAL PANEL DOORS ARE OPENED

FACTORY INSTALLED HIGH BILGE ALARM CONNECTING TO THE BOAT'S HORN RELAY

FULL FIBERGLASS LINER IN THE ENGINE ROOM

SOUND INSULATION IN ALL AREAS CONNECTING TO THE ENGINE ROOM INCLUDING AIR DUCTS AND GUNNELS

PATENTED - BUILT IN TO THE HULL AND LINER - ENGINE MUFFLER SYSTEM COMBINED WITH SIDE EXHAUST AT THE WATERLINE

FULL SIZE SLIDING 90 DEGREE LEXAN SLIDING DOOR ON ROLLERS

While it was an option, the full teak atop the transom and cockpit gunnels, bow pulpit and the swim platform add additional distinction.

Combine all that to the usable space provided by her massive 13' beam, and you have the usable square footage of some a 38-40' vessels.

On top of all that, the styling remains contemporary.

Even the angled stripes/transom painting actually grows on you and makes these vessels really stand apart from the crowd.

O.K. so I like this boat.

nuff said!

RWS
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner

christur

Post by christur »

Thanks all - it's funny, you use the exact same term ("bubble boats") that my wife does when we were looking at recent meridians, carvers, etc. I like the classic styling of this Trojan.

We were taken aback by the value offered by this boat. Even with the continued cost of upkeep and eventual engine rebuild / repower, it's a great deal.

Also take a look at these sketchups I did of layout options for the large cockpit - these are based on actual measurements. I wanted to see what would fit back there. From my mock-ups, I can fit a full 40" teak table and 4 chairs, very unusual for a 36' boat.

Chris
LSP
Active User

Post by LSP »

Congrats Chris .... enjoy your new addition to the family
Will - LSP
1976 F32 "Donegal"
1985 10 Meter "Whakanui"
Hog Pen Creek
Middle River, Md
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

I expect you will find a nice sized lazarette on this boat where you could store quite a bit of what you are contemplating to put on the aft deck.

I am able to keep all the accessories to my dinghy in my 10 meter's lazarette. This is also where the extra shore power cords go, the extra non canvassed fenders and a 12 hp outboard engine for the dinghy!

In addition to the throwable flotation rings, the entire rolled up dinghy actually fits between the port side cockpit seat and the gunnel.

A helpful suggestion is to get at least one carbon monoxide detector and a couple of smoke detectors. Put a fresh fire extinguisher in the galley and a couple of others in convenient spots around the boat.

RWS
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner

Peter
Moderate User

Post by Peter »

congratulations, I'm sure you'll have a great time with your new classic.
Rnd

Post by Rnd »

Sweeeet boat and looks like a great deal!!! Enjoy it. The Value and character in these boats is unsurpassed imho. :D Still looking for my Trojan but, do have an offer in..
wowzer52
Active User

Post by wowzer52 »

Christur, Congrats. My wife and I like to look at the boats up that way every once in a while and would love to get a look at your boat sometime. I have a cousin with a 37ft Tolly at the Anacortes Marina and we like staying at and having dinner at the Islands Inn. We're going to ferry up to Alaska the first part of May and after we get back on our way home from Bellingham we will make a few stops to look at boats. Where is your boat going to be on or around the 14th of May? We would love to see it.
1975 F-32 "SIMPLY BLESSED"
christur

Post by christur »

Thanks Wowzer. Not sure where we'll be mid - May.

Chris
Jerry
Moderate User

Post by Jerry »

That sure is a great looking boat.
From the time I spent around your neck of the woods, I did not find very many Trojans at all. I bet she will get a lot of looks.