RPM question 1972 Trojan

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

farfrompuken

to much prop

Post by farfrompuken »

i have a 1972 f31 (pics posted on this sight). sound to me when you rebuilt the motors you should re check you props . sounds like the pitch is to high and this is why your revs are not coming up/
rossjo
Ultimate User

Puke ...

Post by rossjo »

possible - but he said it used to run fine with these props.

WHat propse are you running BMAC?
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
BMac

Post by BMac »

When they pull it out for the winter I am going to have to check them out, get more information and then I 'll be back. The marina is replacing the plugs, wires and distributors this week. We'll see what that does.
I just purchased her in October of last year. I called the previous owner but all he could tell me is the Marina installed them so he assumes they are the right ones. They have been on the boat for about 7 years. He never took it past 17 - 2000 RPMs as all the travelling he done was more or less putting around the Kawartha Lakes up here in Ontario. So I guess it will be trial and error to see what the fix is.

Bill
rossjo
Ultimate User

what props

Post by rossjo »

What props do you have? 15x16 cupped 3-blades perhaps?

Ernesto is dumping a bit of rain on us as I type - no real wind. I went out and surfed this am @ 6:45 - but it was too choppy to enjoy, so I went to the office.
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
BMac

Post by BMac »

Wires and plugs replaced, top end was 3700 RPM's and 33 mph on the GPS. Flat lake and no wind to speak of.

In a few weeks the boat will be out of the water and I will check the props and post another update. Thanks for the help and suggestions.
Bill
Buckknekkid
Sporadic User

Post by Buckknekkid »

when you find out what you have let me know
F36 ~
SHES SOLDDDDDD