Helm/Console Cover

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Tuck
Moderate User

Helm/Console Cover

Post by Tuck »

anyone have a helm / console cover for a f32, or know where i can get my paws on one? or, would i be better off just having one made/jerry-rigging a car cover, etc?

not even going to ask our local canvas shop to make one. those guys are a major rip...but that's another story.

thanks in advance.
Terran
1986 Silverton 40' Aftcabin

Terran
(former 1977 F-32)
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

I have one for my 32. Never use it but it has a cut-out for a stancion pole which goes up and is a support for the half tower and open array radar.
I would use it more in the off season if I weren't fully enclosed and out in the open...
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
MTP
Moderate User

Post by MTP »

Jamie which side is the cut on? I need to cut mine for the hardtop support but I could send mine to the guy who works for the government......
TIKI III
1985 F32
270 Crusaders
Wet and happy
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 9727_n.jpg
Dan Faith
Sporadic User

Post by Dan Faith »

I had the same problem priced a bridge cover last year at a guy 2.5 miles down the road he wanted $1,000.00. I called my Amish canvas guy 50 miles away and had him put together sunbrella to rough measurements. I marked it for him to sew and put in holes for the poles. I picked it up put on snaps cost was $387.00. Plus a couple hundred miles of driving. In the fall I had him put together a winter cover. This year will be aft cover.
Dan Faith
Toy Box

Trojan F32
Trojan 30' sport fisherman
Sea Ray 17'
Beach Craft Bonanza N35
Corvette
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

MTP wrote:Jamie which side is the cut on? I need to cut mine for the hardtop support but I could send mine to the guy who works for the government......
Just to the right of the the console. A single pole support goes up and arches to the left below the top. I was looking for a rearward pic but this frontal view may give you an idea.

Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders

-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
escape

helm cover

Post by escape »

I use a BBq Cover on my Helm and I use a smaller size on the seats Total cost is about 25.00 for both and they look great Avaliable at Home Depot :D
g36
Moderate User

Post by g36 »

have one, sunbrella, matches the rest of my canvas. made it myself.

since you are in a covered slip like me you might consider a cover for the entire flybridge area. snaps over the windscreen all the way around. would keep the whole area cleaner. i have thought about that lately since the pollen here has been so bad this year.
1997 CARVER 405
"the BLACK PEARL"

past fleet
1978 F32 SEDAN CHRYSLER 318's

current fleet
1997 seadoo gts
1997 yamaha wave venture
1985 sunbird 18 ft runabout
1968 coronado sailboat 25 ft
sunfish
14' hobie cat
canoe
8ft portabote
MTP
Moderate User

Post by MTP »

Jamie
My post is on the other side just port and fore of the drive handles.....it was a good thought
TIKI III
1985 F32
270 Crusaders
Wet and happy
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 9727_n.jpg
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Mine is the exact opposite, so it appears.

I can send it to you, you can flip it over! :roll:

Actually, I will ship to you if it will give you and idea or to give to a fabricator. Just ship it back when you're done. There is equal space on either side of the console, minus any electronics you have...you are more than welcome to try.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders

Tuck
Moderate User

Re: helm cover

Post by Tuck »

escape wrote:I use a BBq Cover on my Helm and I use a smaller size on the seats Total cost is about 25.00 for both and they look great Avaliable at Home Depot :D
ya know...as whacky as that sounds, i like it. i think i shall giveth that a try.
Terran

Terran
(former 1977 F-32)
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

I like the BBQ cover idea too. I had a cover on the Todd chair in my cockpit, but it held moisture and caused mildew, so I tossed it. Isn't this an issue with the rest of you?
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
JuiceClark
Moderate User

Post by JuiceClark »

escape wrote:I use a BBq Cover on my Helm and I use a smaller size on the seats Total cost is about 25.00 for both and they look great Avaliable at Home Depot :D
Me too! The "large grill cover" at Lowes fits the flybridge helm on my F-36 perfectly. You couldn't have anything made custom that fits as well. And for 20 bucks...voila!!
Tuck
Moderate User

Post by Tuck »

JuiceClark wrote:
Me too! The "large grill cover" at Lowes fits the flybridge helm on my F-36 perfectly. You couldn't have anything made custom that fits as well. And for 20 bucks...voila!!
you actually answered a question for me with that....i.e., what size to get. i assume the helm is the same on a 36 as a 32?
Terran

Terran
(former 1977 F-32)