old moters are out

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

mr elevman
Moderate User

old moters are out

Post by mr elevman »

today i removed the old twin chrysler 318s what a job whill thair out i have a nice list of things to be done cleaning paint replasing the shaft log hoses new sea cocks stringer repair new sound barrier rear bulkhead the only area that wasnt maintained in her 38 years was the engine compartment
pk
Moderate User

Post by pk »

Hi! Yes, it is quite a job. I´m into the same with my Trojan. The engines are to leave the engineroom, will happend next weekend. (I belive...). Have already done the holding tank, most of the pipes and hoses, and some of the wirings. Anyway: Good Luck with the work!
International 10 Meter Express named "Jolla Mi", powered by nothing.....
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

Rebuilding the 318s?
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
mr elevman
Moderate User

Post by mr elevman »

i have one moter rh i picked up over the winter that was a low hr that i did a compleat rebuild and yes the lh moter i pulled will be getting a compleat rebuild the other will be yard art lol the other moter was raw water cooled its junk