1976 26' Express Question

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jcatkinson

1976 26' Express Question

Post by jcatkinson »

Anyone happen to know the outside diameter of the stern tube on a 26' express? I know the shaft diameter is 1" but I need the stern tube diameter in order to buy the correct size dripless shaft seal.

Thanks,

James
chucka
Sporadic User

Post by chucka »

Here is a photo of the stuffing box on my '75 F26. The transmission is on the left. Shaft log is on the right. I think to get an accurate measurement, you will need to remove the hose part of the stuffing box. I assume that's why you are asking?

Good Luck,
Chuck
formerly
Lots A Luck
Trojan F-26 Express
Narragansett Bay, RI
jcatkinson

Stern Tube Diameter

Post by jcatkinson »

Thanks for the pic Chuck, and yes I'm looking for the measurement of the outside stern tube diameter that would be underneath the far right side of the stuffing box.
chucka
Sporadic User

Post by chucka »

I tried getting a measurement for you this morning. It is about 2-1/2 inches, but that may not be very accurate. I don't have a caliper that fits in the space behind the outer rubber hose on my stuffing box, which has a 3 in OD. My best suggestion is to dissasemble and measure yours before ordering.
Good Luck,
Chuck
formerly
Lots A Luck
Trojan F-26 Express
Narragansett Bay, RI