F-26 Trailer bunk/roller locations

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

superman3385

F-26 Trailer bunk/roller locations

Post by superman3385 »

I bought an F-26 about a month ago that had been stored for a couple of years and the guy didn't have time for it any more. It had always been kept at the marina and therefore had no trailer. I bought a trailer that had a 27' Anacapri on it (that I am trying to find a way to get off of it) that should be able to accomodate it but I will have to put bunks and rollers on it. Just curious if anyone has any insight as to the best location for the bunks/keel rollers to provide the most support, and also bunk sizes, lenghts, heights, ect. Sorry the pic is so big, I couldn't figure out how to make it smaller. :oops:

k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Good looking boat and welcome to the forum.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
MattSC
Moderate User

Post by MattSC »

I think FooferB here at the forum trailers his F-26, he might be able to help you.
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

i WILL TAKE PICS FOR YOU IF YOU'D LIKE. Look for them tomorrow evening. Oh and I will make some measurements too. Roy
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
superman3385

Post by superman3385 »

That would be great! I can use all the help I can get. I was going to take measurements on the boat, but I forgot and had it put in on Saturday. :? Oh well. At least now I don't have to climb a ladder to get in to work on it.
LSP
Active User

Post by LSP »

welcome to the forum
Will - LSP
1976 F32 "Donegal"
1985 10 Meter "Whakanui"
Hog Pen Creek
Middle River, Md
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

pics and measurements to follow

test

MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

Dimensions

--bunks= 54" apart
--approx 30" from ground to top of bunk-needs to be 36" imho-ground clearance for rudder

--8" tall bunk boards forgot to measure widrh and it's too damn hot to go back out!!
--12' long bunks
--front bunks/runnerboards start 1' from front end of main bunk and extend 7'

--they are 16" apart made from 2x4 or 2x6
--only one roller at very bow.

This is by no means ideal but has worked well for the past six years and would be a good start. Oh and the main bunk is beveled to match the deadrise in the hull. . Sorry pics are so contrasty, will try to get better ones as the sun sets. Lemme know if this helps
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
superman3385

Post by superman3385 »

That's a big help, and a lot simpler than I was thinking it would be. How long is your trailer from where the winch is? (approx). As this boat has never been trailered, it has no bow eye. I have plenty of parts to use (from the boat that is currently on the trailer). Anything in particular I should watch out for when mounting one? Also do you strap in the front and rear when transporting? I will post pics as the project progresses.
1973 F-26

The world is full of willing people, some willing to work, the rest willing to let them.
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

The ttrailer is about 22 feet from the winch to the end of the trailer. Mine came with an eye, I thought they all did. And I use a winch strap and a seperate safety chaun and tie down straps at the stern. The stern straps are just heavy duty tie downs with ratcheting tightener, one end hooked to the trailer-see picture and the other thru the cleats. I don't tightene them, just snug them up so's not to strain on the cleats.
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
Rodman
Moderate User

Post by Rodman »

foofer b wrote:The ttrailer is about 22 feet from the winch to the end of the trailer. Mine came with an eye, I thought they all did. And I use a winch strap and a seperate safety chaun and tie down straps at the stern. The stern straps are just heavy duty tie downs with ratcheting tightener, one end hooked to the trailer-see picture and the other thru the cleats. I don't tightene them, just snug them up so's not to strain on the cleats.

Quick question why do you tie the Stern down? Its so heavy I do not think it will move on you.
Trojan
** F25 Hardtop - Express - 1974 - 25 ft
** F26 Hardtop - Express - 1971 - 26 ft
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

Rodman wrote:Quick question why do you tie the Stern down? Its so heavy I do not think it will move on you.
I don't know about the US but up here in Canada it is part of the Highway regulations for towing boats. As are crossed safety chains for the trailer hitch connection to the towing vehicle.
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
MattSC
Moderate User

Post by MattSC »

foofer b wrote:The ttrailer is about 22 feet from the winch to the end of the trailer. Mine came with an eye, I thought they all did.
I don't have a bow eye on mine
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

The rear tie downs are to keep the trailer attached tot he boat. I have seen boats my size that have had the stern come off on the highway. It ground a foot off the bottom of his boat and six inches off his outdrive.
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF