Florida Panhandle / Mobile AL. Trojans ?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

rap55

Florida Panhandle / Mobile AL. Trojans ?

Post by rap55 »

How many Trojan owners do we have in the Panhandle / Pensacola / Mobile area. Got Miss Kitty tied-up in Bayou Chico for winter projects. Anybody in that area know any fair priced mechanics and detail people? Missed the Blue Angels home coming show this week-end but maybe we can get together for the July show next summer or sooner perhaps.

Thanks, Rick - F-36 / Miss Kitty
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

I bought my boat in Panama City Beach from an owner who lived in Dothan, Alabama. Moved it up to Va about 10 years ago.

I think Seahord boats in Panama City.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
S.A.M.
Moderate User

Post by S.A.M. »

Rick,

Call Kevin Zuidewind @ 850-712-8164. Kevin does all my glass, electrical and mechanical. And if if it's over his head he tells you and recommends someone. Plus he never leaves the boat in a mess.

Where in Chico are you keeping it.
Sherman
'90 10m Midcabin
rap55

Bayou Chico

Post by rap55 »

Hey S.A.M.

Renting a private dock by the month on Edgewater Dr.
Coming from the bay just past the bridge it`s the first slew to port.

Thanks, Rick - F-36 Miss Kitty
sehord
Sporadic User

Post by sehord »

Yes I am down in Panama City. I don't have any mechanics over in mobile, though.....
A ship in a harbor is safe.... But that's not what ships were built for
S.A.M.
Moderate User

Post by S.A.M. »

Rick,

Know the area well. I keep one boat at Day Break Marina and the 10M
in Bayou Texar.

When you get a chance give Kevin a call, he just installed new radar for me and as always does a fast / professional job.
Sherman
'90 10m Midcabin
rap55

Panhandle

Post by rap55 »

Hey S.A.M.

I lived on Bayou Texar until Ivan blew us out. A few years ago I chased an old high school girl friend to P-cola. She had a place on the south-end of Bayou Blvd. just south of Rooks Marina and the Oyster Barn. Man I miss that place!!! Miss the cold beer and fried mullet from Jerry`s drive-in also.

Do you know what the new Texar railroad bridge and cervantes bridge heights are? Wanted to try to get a slip at Rooks.

Seahord is just down the coast...maybe we can all get together one day. We wanted to go out to Ft. McRea and drop the hook for the Blues home coming show but missed the damn thing.

kevinz

Post by kevinz »

Can't figure out how to post a profile picture yet. But I have a 1996 Trojan 350 express that we keep at our canal front house on Bayou Grande. We cruise the ICW and camp at Ft. Mcrae.
S.A.M.
Moderate User

Post by S.A.M. »

"Do you know what the new Texar railroad bridge and cervantes bridge heights are? Wanted to try to get a slip at Rooks"

Your 36 will not pass under either. And with the 36's beam, Rook's widest slips are only 15'.

Rick, is your boat here for the winter? What's the story? I must have missed a previous post.

I see Kevin has joined the club.
Sherman
'90 10m Midcabin
rap55

Pensacola for Winter

Post by rap55 »

Yes...We will probably be there for a while. As a matter of fact, we are trying to figure out a way to get back to pensacola for good. We left P-cola a few months after we lost our place on the Bayou to Ivan and moved back to our old home town of Phenix City, AL. The work picture is pretty grim here and I have a boat to support so there`s not much keeping us here. For now we are going back and forth and should be down that way this week end.

kevinz

Post by kevinz »

Well, it looks like I got the picture now. Thanks John
rap55

Post by rap55 »

Great shot and good looking boat! How was that photo taken at that angle? Was also wondering if Browns Marine was still open. I helped a friend do a bottom job on his Carver at Browns few years back. The yard hauled the boat and set it up and we did the work. I was wondering if they still had the same set-up. If not, maybe you know of another do-it yourself yard.

ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

kevinz wrote:Well, it looks like I got the picture now. Thanks John
Can you make it smaller please... it pushes the text over and off my screen.
Thanks
Oh nice boat :)
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL