F-32 Engine replacement

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jimmiedcharters

F-32 Engine replacement

Post by jimmiedcharters »

Has anyone replaced their small block motors with Big block motors in their F-32?
thelast322

Post by thelast322 »

I have a trojan brochure or a power boat report stateing that they sold the 32 with 454's. The advantage was 4 mph. They said the 32 with the with 350 cid will top out @ 32 mph and with 454cid top out @ 36 mph. You will be adding more weight and not really gaining too much if you think about the added cost. Let me know if I can get you anymore information.
"Liberty Call"

1991 F32 Crusaders
celebrating 10+years of ownership
jimmiedcharters

I was just wondering if there is a major fit difference. I just bought two 454's with trans and already took the old 302's out last fall and need to put these in this spring. Just trying to get the bugs out before then.
thelast322

Post by thelast322 »

I totally understand if you already have the engines. This company called marine tech could totally awnser any question for you. Phone # is 717-684-4145. The owner used to work at trojan and opened his own business after they want under. He would have any spes or info you need. Good luck
"Liberty Call"

1991 F32 Crusaders
celebrating 10+years of ownership
jimmiedcharters

Thanks for the help!
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

f32 engines

Post by Stripermann2 »

I have a '85 F32 with 350 cid / 270hp small blocks. My brother has a '77 F32 with the 454 / 350hp big blocks, which were installed as take outs from a 36' SF (another brand boat) a few years ago. Yes they will fit as they have similar mount locations as the small block Chevy. May have to adjust the forward /aft location of the mounts though...
He runs the same shafts, 1 1/4" but larger props, 19" compared to my 16".

His boat runs very well as does mine, but his top end is greater as he can top out in the high 30 mph range.

I am not aware of any F32's that ever came from the factory with big blocks, however, the F36's certainly did. But John @ Marine Tech could verify.

I love the small blocks and their longevity. But would entertain replacing with the big blocks if I need to repower one day and I came across a set complete with transmissons as well. Good luck!