Trim Tabs

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Torcan
Moderate User

Post by Torcan »

captainmaniac wrote:Didn't work for me. Had 17 aboard when we hosted my sister's wedding out on the harbour a couple of years back and couldn't get over 6 knots. Actually, I was too scared to!!!

Carrying 3000+ extra pounds of human blubber affects boat behavior 'just a tad', and when I saw the pictures later I discovered I was sitting about 6" lower in the water than normal, with a list depending on where everyone was sitting or standing at the time! I should have see it coming - normally when people come aboard the boat will dip as they step on, then rock back to where it was... As this gaggle of relatives came aboard I noticed it just kept going down, and down, and down, and down..

Anyways, carrying that much extra weight, she don't stop on reverse or turn quite the same as normal... Almost made for a very embarrassing docking attempt at the Club in front of 100 more Reception guests (but fortunately, I am gooood at the controls...). Always helps the ego when you get applause from that many people (okay... maybe it was for the bride and groom, but they wouldn't have been there it if it wasn't for me :lol: ).

Lesson learned : How many people is it safe to take out on an F32? Answer : I don't know, but its less than 17!!!
Your lucky the CCG didn't ticket you. I am sure that your capacity plate doesn't say 17. Now that would have been embarassing.
1980 Trojan F 25 "MY TYME" (sold)
1986 Thundercraft Magnum 280 "The HAILEY-SAVANNAH"
http://www.cbyc.ca/
kevinz

Post by kevinz »

They make a automatic trim tab control. Bennett's AC3000 is about $300.00 and is easy to install and use. I have had mine for three years and love it. Once you set it, it will make trim changes for you. You can re-set it anytime your load changes.