Moeller Gas Tanks

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

I'll just say plastic and the liner are made from and porous material the fumes will get thur sooner or later. And anything that meets government standards is just saying we didn't spend anymore than we had to in making it. Only time will tell if they will not fail and as for new boat makers using them look around at some of the boating sites you'll see the a lot of us Old Salts and Newbies complain about gas fumes due to plastic tanks. So if you want to use it so be it. But IMO not on my gas boat.
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
Struts and Rudders
Sporadic User

Post by Struts and Rudders »

They are certified to meet all the new standards by the EPA which took affect at the start of this year. They meet all USCG, ABYC and ISO standards. Are you saying they are steering us wrong?
I do not trust anyone in the GIVERMENT to make decisions about my safety or anything else for that matter!

They gave boaters...E10 which has not only lead to problems with our engines it has lead to higher fuel prices and higher food prices.

If the EPA had their way none of us would own boats that are powered by anything other than puff the magic dragon!

They are a bunch of narrow minded idiots and are only focused on their individual goals...not what is best for this once great country....

One man's opinion...
SRD
Last edited by Struts and Rudders on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

SRD tell us how you really feel . :lol:

I agree 100%
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Fishblues

Re: Moeller Gas Tanks

Post by Fishblues »

All, I thought I would come back to this as it has been 8 years since I installed the Moeller gas tanks and figured I would give you all a update.

First off, no smell at all, Nada, Zip, Zero! So everyone that said I would have permeation of the gas will probably have to wait another 8 years for maybe that to happen.

I inspect them every year and they look as good as the day I installed them.

I like the fact that I can open my hatch and see my tank level, my gauges a pretty accurate but I like the added confidence.

The only negative is the capacity, 58gal each. I don't have the optional saddle tanks outboard the engines, and glad I don't, But wish I had a little more for those longer trips.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Moeller Gas Tanks

Post by prowlersfish »

Fishblues wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:57 am All, I thought I would come back to this as it has been 8 years since I installed the Moeller gas tanks and figured I would give you all a update.

First off, no smell at all, Nada, Zip, Zero! So everyone that said I would have permeation of the gas will probably have to wait another 8 years for maybe that to happen.

I inspect them every year and they look as good as the day I installed them.

I like the fact that I can open my hatch and see my tank level, my gauges a pretty accurate but I like the added confidence.

The only negative is the capacity, 58gal each. I don't have the optional saddle tanks outboard the engines, and glad I don't, But wish I had a little more for those longer trips.
Great , feedback I suspect they EPA regs have done some good as far as any fuel smell issues that happen in the past . So that's a good thing . Again thanks for the update .Nothing like a real world report .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D