BoatU.S.

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

larglo
Moderate User
Location: Mt Juliet, TN. Percy Prist Lake, Fate Sanders Marina

BoatU.S.

Post by larglo »

Hi all,

As of 5 minutes ago, I am a proud new member of BOATUS. I called this morning to get a new quote of the boat insurance and found it acceptable. I got it locked in for 30 days, which gives me the time I need to get the boat in shape so not to fib on the Self Survey and the pictures sent they require. After the call, I joined Boat US on line.
I was wondering if they will send a sticker to place on the windshield?

That would be nice also if the owners of the site would provide a sticker. I'd even pay modest price for a sticker of our forum of Trojan.

Maybe one of our members with influence with the owners could suggest that to them?

Larry
Larry - 1980 F25 HT

"Lady G"
Mt. Juliet, TN
http://www.photobucket.com/larglo
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

BoatUS will send you a packet with several stickers. I am a member and really enjoy the magazine that comes every other month. It has a lot of good articles and resource material for about anything and everything nautical.

I have never had to use the towing service but it provides great peace of mind knowing it is there if I ever need it.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
g36
Moderate User

Post by g36 »

did you purchase the unlimited inland water towing?
its a great thing to have and its only $34 a year
1997 CARVER 405
"the BLACK PEARL"

past fleet
1978 F32 SEDAN CHRYSLER 318's

current fleet
1997 seadoo gts
1997 yamaha wave venture
1985 sunbird 18 ft runabout
1968 coronado sailboat 25 ft
sunfish
14' hobie cat
canoe
8ft portabote
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

I've been a member for over 20 years. They have good programs, publications and on-line access/forums also. I had their inlimited inland towing when we took the NYS canal trip a few years back. Never needed it but slept well during the trip. Yep, you'll get stickers for the boat and car, too!
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
wowzer52
Active User

Post by wowzer52 »

BoatUS, me too.
1975 F-32 "SIMPLY BLESSED"
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

Move to Va. and you can get plates for your truck to. :D :arrow:
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
kevinz

Post by kevinz »

Been a member for over 25 years. GREAT people. Get the towing insurance. I was a BOATUS tow boat captain for three years in the Florida panhandle. A average tow is about $600.00
larglo
Moderate User
Location: Mt Juliet, TN. Percy Prist Lake, Fate Sanders Marina

Post by larglo »

In the next 30 days I hope to switch to Boat US insurance. I have a couple of things to do to the boat to comply with the self survey.
I think full towing service is included in with the boat insurance, but can also buy a separate tow service for $34.00 a yr.
If it isn't included, I will most likely buy the full towing service, as $50.00, that comes with membership, won't cover total tow charges.

Larry
Larry - 1980 F25 HT

"Lady G"
Mt. Juliet, TN
http://www.photobucket.com/larglo
g36
Moderate User

Post by g36 »

your boat us insurance gives some towing NOT unlimited. here is the info direct from the boat us faq page.

Q. Is towing coverage provided by the BoatUS Policy?

A. Yes, excellent coverage, but like any towing service provided through insurance policies, it has conditions and limitations.

However, BoatU.S. Members shouldn’t be concerned by the policy limitations because, for a low annual fee, BoatU.S. - the Association - offers “Unlimited” towing that provides more service from our outstanding fleet.

The insurance policy pays a maximum of $250 per event and $500 per year . The Association’s “Unlimited” Towing service has no event or annual limits – and requires no direct payment by the boat owner. The Association takes care of the entire bill.

If you breakdown on the water, the insurance policy tows you only to the nearest safe harbor. “Unlimited” towing pays to take you back to your home port, a repair facility or any desired location within the BoatU.S. service area.

And while insurance policies limit the towing benefit to only the insured boat, the Association’s “Unlimited” towing service covers any boat you own, borrow or charter.

Service not only includes towing for breakdowns on the water, but battery jumpstarts, fuel drops and soft ungroundings as well. And the BoatU.S. toll-free dispatch center is open 24/7 so help is always just a phone or VHF radio call away.

So yes, the insurance policy’s towing coverage does the job within these limits, but for a few extra dollars, you can have total peace-of-mind out on the water or the road with the “Unlimited” towing service offered through the Association. Unlimited roadside assistance while trailering your boat is also available through your BoatU.S. Membership.
1997 CARVER 405
"the BLACK PEARL"

past fleet
1978 F32 SEDAN CHRYSLER 318's

current fleet
1997 seadoo gts
1997 yamaha wave venture
1985 sunbird 18 ft runabout
1968 coronado sailboat 25 ft
sunfish
14' hobie cat
canoe