head problems

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

sabotmaker

head problems

Post by sabotmaker »

I have a 1984 10 meter, fly bridge, aft cabin Trojan. Vacuum flush system. The head adjacent to the galley works great. Head in the aft cabin builds very little if any vacuum. Replaced gasket in head bowl but no change. BTW...the vacuum pump will not shut down automatically. Have to start and stop it with toggle switch. Must have a vacuum leak some where but how does one run down a vacuum leak with any degree of ease ??
I'm not a complete idiot...some parts are missing.
Audrey II
Sporadic User

Post by Audrey II »

Time to replace the duck bills you can pick them up anywhere but here is a link.

http://www.sealandservices.com/vacuflush_parts.htm
1996 Trojan 440
sabotmaker

Post by sabotmaker »

I picked up a pair of duckbills a few days ago. Since the front head works good I was inclined to think duckbills may not be the problem. There are two duckbills and both are on the same side of the pump and both are oriented in the same direction. Hopefuly they are the problem...will replace them in the morning .
sabotmaker

Post by sabotmaker »

I picked up a pair of duckbills a few days ago. Since the front head works good I was inclined to think duckbills may not be the problem. There are two duckbills and both are on the same side of the pump and both are oriented in the same direction. Hopefuly they are the problem...will replace them in the morning .
kevinz

Post by kevinz »

If the duck bills dont fix it, check the pressure switch on the vacuum tank and all hose clamps. Could be a air leak.
rbcool
Active User

Post by rbcool »

Had the identical prob with my forward head. I have 2 pressure tanks and a seperate set of duckbills for each system. The forward duckbill was shot, so Ireplaced both sets while down into it. Works like a champ now

Ron 8)
When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.
Ronald Reagan
1987 F36 Tri-Cabin
Twin 270 Crusaders
"Special K"
Upper Bay, Chesapeake Bay

http://www.photobucket.com/albums/ff424/rbcool/
sabotmaker

Post by sabotmaker »

I have two vacuum tanks also. Located just one pair of duckbills on one side of the pump. Would there be another pair of duckbills hiding from me ??
rbcool
Active User

Post by rbcool »

Mine has in-line duckbills on the hoses coming from each tank. Follow each hose that comes from the toilet to the pressure tank, there should be a coupling that comes apart, duckbill inside.

Ron 8)
Ronald Reagan
1987 F36 Tri-Cabin
Twin 270 Crusaders
"Special K"

Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

Maybe the older units are different but aren't there 2 dbills on each side of the pump for a total of 4?
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
koviak
Moderate User

Post by koviak »

Just replaced mine a few weeks ago and yes there are (2) duckbills on each side of pump.
rbcool
Active User

Post by rbcool »

Mine also has duckbills on the pump, but also inline. Fortunately the ones at the pump were ok

Ron 8)
Ronald Reagan
1987 F36 Tri-Cabin
Twin 270 Crusaders
"Special K"

sabotmaker

Post by sabotmaker »

I do have duckbills on each side of the pump plus 2 more in the double head system. Parts are ordered! Thank you to all the forums members diagnosing my problems !!
Wes
Moderate User

Post by Wes »

When we got ours there was one vacuum pump and 2 duck bill valves on the pump. There was also a T connector with duck bill valves where the lines were joined to go into the tank. I replaced all the valves and also installed a second vacuum pump in the aft head so that if one head goes down I still have a working head.