Hull Stabalizing question

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

ejsanders

Hull Stabalizing question

Post by ejsanders »

I own a 1978 F-26 which runs great. One problem is while running across the water is the hull seems to flex on the port side around the middle of the boat. The flooring and table on the port side bounce like crazy just prior to plane especially if I hit any wakes. Suggestions on how to stabilize and reinforce the hull would be greatly appreciated.
Paul
Active User

Stringers

Post by Paul »

Check the stringers for rot under the fiberglass. The stringers are the framework that keeps your boat rigid and stable. Inspect the fiberglass that wraps over the stringers for cracks. Try drilling a 1/4" hole thru the stringer mid way up from the hull in a location were you think the problem area may be. After you get thru the glass, you should be drilling into solid wood. If after you get thru the glass the drill skips thru to the opposite layer of glass with little or no resistance, then you have a problem. :( This problem can be repaired but we'll discuss that later.

Hope This Helps
Paul
Cruise Control
78' F26 HT
ejsanders

Post by ejsanders »

Thanks Paul, I'll give it a shot this weekend and report the results. Lets hope for resistance in the stringer. Thanks for your reply.

Eric Sanders
Attibelle
'78 F-26