F32 Gas Tank Vents

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

willietrojan
Moderate User

F32 Gas Tank Vents

Post by willietrojan »

Has anyone had any problem with your gas tanks venting right? I get down to just under half full when my engines cut out. I check the fuel pumps and there not getting gas. If i put more gas in the tanks then it will start running again.

Thanks
Paul
Active User

Fuel Pick UP

Post by Paul »

In most cases when a tank is built with fittings for both main engines and a generator, the suction tube for the engines go right to the bottom of the tank but the generator tube only extends between 1/2 & 3/4 of the way. This is to prevent your generator from using all the your fuel and leaving you stranded.

Could your engine(s) be connected to the wrong suction tube?

Hope This Helps
Paul
Cruise Control
willietrojan
Moderate User

Post by willietrojan »

Thanks for the reply, but I do not have a Gen, I have taken out the pickup tubes from both tanks to make sure that there is gas in them, they
are just uder half full. I have also taken of the connection to the carb and when I start the engine there is no gas coming the fuel pump, but I do feel the pump moving air.
willietrojan
Moderate User

Post by willietrojan »

Thanks for the reply, but I do not have a Gen, I have taken out the pickup tubes from both tanks to make sure that there is gas in them, they
are just under half full. I have also taken off the connection to the carb and when I start the engine there is no gas coming the fuel pump, but I do feel the pump moving air.