1987 10 meter mid cabin complete restoration.

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: 1987 10 meter mid cabin complete restoration.

Post by prowlersfish »

Todd Your thread has been hacked
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
zedtwentyate
Moderate User

Post by zedtwentyate »

prowlersfish wrote:Todd Your thread has been hacked
+1

Someone stole Todd's login info and posted a pontoon boat!

J/K. Congrats Todd. Im sure a 10 or 11 meter express (without wood stringers) is in your future somewhere! Thanks for the amazing archive of information and insight. That pontoon looks awesome!
Kegan

1986 Trojan F-27 (SOLD!!!)
1989 Trojan 10 Meter Mid Cabin
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

Sorry for dredging up such an old post but I thought it was time to give everyone who followed my renovation (Especially RWS!) a good laugh at my expense! Since selling the Trojan we picked up a mobile home down the beach. Since my best friend has a 25 ft center console for our offshore excursions I decided to step up and "take one for the team". I will be the embarrassed owner of this "boat" the first week of June! The "Best" part is that it comes with 22! YES 22 cup holders!!

Todd, you are about the only person with the credentials to post pictures of this kind of "boat" on this forum. Just the fact that you are man enough to own up to this speaks volumes.....

OK, on a serious note, it is important that you have the type of boat that suits your needs. I did, however, spot one flaw. There ought to be 23 cup holders. I mean, there are 24 beers in a case, right? It was good meeting you a while back. All of us followed your restoration vicariously, and your thread is a great reference.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
yorklyn
Active User

Post by yorklyn »

I just read all of your comments to my wife. She was laughing so hard I think she almost peed her pants! Thank you everyone!
Todd Pote
1987 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Double Pote-N_Sea
1992 Scout 15.5 Center Console
BobCT
Active User

Post by BobCT »

Todd, I have a potential upgrade for you! I just installed a refrigerated cupholder at my helm. It's made by Dometic and gets fully chilled in two minutes. I saw it @ the boat show and had to have it. There was only one way I could get it installed was by cutting a hole in back of the cabinet above the electrical panel. I'm going to install some sort of vent.

BTW, this cutout provides great access to the back of the helm pump. Glad to see you're still on the forum.

Bob
1988 10m mid cabin
trojanrob

Post by trojanrob »

Ok, so how do I get the photos on this thread to appear or where can I find them ? Photobucket says these photos are private and on here it says something about third party hosting not enabled. I am in Canada if that has anything to do with it? I bought an 87 mid cabin and am in that "what have the other guys done" stage!
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

trojanrob wrote:Ok, so how do I get the photos on this thread to appear or where can I find them ? Photobucket says these photos are private and on here it says something about third party hosting not enabled. I am in Canada if that has anything to do with it? I bought an 87 mid cabin and am in that "what have the other guys done" stage!

Photo Bucket no longer allows 3rd party hosting .And that means your/others photos won't show on a 3rd party site like this one . Unless the photo poster pays a small fee of only $500.00 . While there other ways to post photo many were posted this way .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
mrrudely
Sporadic User

Post by mrrudely »

Todd,
not sure if you are still visiting this forum or not
if you are, I just discovered your project and am completely in awe
I have been working on our own mid cabin for two years now and know how
much work is involved every step of the way
yours was a monumental undertaking
all I can say is "its all about the journey"
I hope you agree
rr
10 meter mid cabin