Trojan book, lots of help is needed

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

summer storm
Moderate User

Trojan book, lots of help is needed

Post by summer storm »

The widow of Ron Pickle (a Trojan factory VP and my friend) has asked me to try and make a book about the history of Trojan yachts and the boats that they made. The CEO of Hargrave yachts Mike Joyce, who I work with and Ron's old boss, will help me produce it. Tim Pickle, Rons son and who also worked at Trojan will help as well with photos and info. Bob (Beacon Marine) has been a big help and continues to support the project and now I am asking all of you Trojan owners for help with this massive (to me) project. No, I haven't written a book before, only small 2-3 page articles for yachting industry mags but I am goingto give it a try. I have been told that it should be in e-book format and then reversed for hard cover so that's where I am starting.

The basic layout of the book will start with the history of Trojan, the move to fiberglass, shepherd yachts, and the carver buy out. It will also include some key wooden boats like the 20 that put Trojan on the map, the sea hunt boat, the sea breeze and sea voyager, all of the the F and international series.

Each boat will have a couple pages with the specs, factory photos, some print advertising, and floor plans. I would also like a 2 to 3 page "in the life of" a current owner for each boat complete with photos.

This will be a cross between a reference book and history book and I need YOUR help. I am looking for stories about the factory, the people that worked there and anything else to help me get the info correct on each model.

Below is a sample draft of the 308 F-30

Image[/u]
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

wow that looks really neat Doug. best of luck buddy. dont know if anything i do can help but your more than welcome to it. if you need a specific phot just let me know. lord knows im gonna be on this for a while im on facebook everywhere in the boat and fishing world . not that they pay attention to me at all, but if i put it out there, it may get hits so i will do so..
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Talk to Bob and also Talk to John Leed . and I want to buy a copy

A note the F30 was make for a lot more years the 3 but it was a different boat then the F30 in you photo that was the last style made
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

copies for sure, something like that on my finished boat would be like having my big blue book aboard. i will buy one for sure!!
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

this sounds really cool, can't wait to see it...even tho it'll start the whole Carver evil empire thing again, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: From the death star I sit... Put me down for a hard copy.. :wink:
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

if you need pic's of a great looking F44 PHMY let know I know where one is and can get some, she's outfitted as she came out.
Last edited by alexander38 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Sounds like a great project Doug and put me down for a copy of each. Glad you're doing it in the e-book format also - only way to go these days.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
Allen Sr
Active User

Post by Allen Sr »

Sounds good. Put me in for a copy also.
Growing old is inevitable,but growing up is optional
1984 F36 w/350 Crusaders 'Reel Class'
2011 Trojan Rendevous
Solomons Get Together 2011
Ocean City 2012,2013,2015
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

hey guys, real quick, i'm on a layover in tampa, it's 0533 now but i have an 0600 van to the airport for a full day of flying.... however, i'm raising my hand and wanted to know if anyone wanted me to contribute to the TRI CABIN chapter. i was at mom's this weekend, and she actually gave me 3 pics (will post when i am able to scan) of BUBALA 3 underway..... so, i'm raising my hand for the tri cabin arena.... is that cool w/ you guys?
aaron
(gotta run, and if anyone knows IATA codes, this is my day today...
TPA-DCA DCA-MCO MCO-DCA AB319 )
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

I have a LARGE COLLECTION of FACTORY LITERATURE and numerous MAGAZINE ARTICLES regarding the revolutionary INTERNATIONAL series, with most specificallyu being focused on the 10 Meter (33')

I also have an b/w aerial shot of a 10 meter mid cabin autographed by Mr. Harry Schoell.

Although he is currently busy with other projects, an interview might be interesting if you could provide a guaranteed amount of coverage on him specificaly in the book. I am aware that there was some discord between him and the management at Lancaster.

Please advise specifically as to what you need or want.

I would be happy to copntributa any other specific information if you will tell me how many words and a specific angle you want covered.

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

Doug, I have all the original paperwork and factory notebook for my F26 if you need copies for your book. Also I believe Paul's F26 shoiuld represent the model in pics.
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

prowlersfish wrote:Talk to Bob and also Talk to John Leed . and I want to buy a copy

A note the F30 was make for a lot more years the 3 but it was a different boat then the F30 in you photo that was the last style made
Roger that, I've been talking to Bob and I will be getting in touch with John Leed shorty.

I am doing all the F-30 boats, the 307 and 308 (above) was one that had a really short production run compared to the F-30 express. I am still gathering info on the 30 footers, there were a lot!
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

alexander38 wrote:if you need pic's of a great looking F44 PHMY let know I know where one is and can get some, she's outfitted as she came out.
YES, when I get to the 44 I'll reach out, thanks
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

alexander38 wrote:if you need pic's of a great looking F44 PHMY let know I know where one is and can get some, she's outfitted as she came out.
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)