I've often wondered........

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

vabeach1234 wrote:37 years old and bought my first boat, a 18' center console 12 years ago. Have had my 26 Trojan since 2004. Am a structural engineer. Wife says I have a 2 boat limit, otherwise I'd probably have more than two. She did surprise me and tell me I can buy another but must sell one of the ones that I already own with in 3 months. I don't think she realizes how hard it is to sell a boat nowadays.
very true Ken. maybe you can keep your boats stashed, like i keep the 200$ off the top of each paycheck, LOL just kidding man, hard to hide 2 boats LOL 8)
74TrojanF36

Post by 74TrojanF36 »

33 years old, bought my first boat last august, growing up my dad always was into boating which made my transition to a bigger boat as my first much easier.

I work for the ontario governemnt and canèt wait for my 25 year pension to kick in when im 47 so I can spend more time on the water! :idea:

Love my trojan, hope its my first and only.....so many ideas to make last forever!
1974 Trojan F36 "GAMEBREAKER"
Rich Schwochow

Post by Rich Schwochow »

I'm 61 yoa, been boating for over 50 yrs. I owned my 1st boat at age 7. I've been in the Alarm Industry for over 31yrs. Owned a marine repair business for 10yrs. Closed that due to the candle burning out on one end. I am a retired past officer and instructor in the U.S.C.G.A. 28yrs. Past Director and still a member of a yacht club here in S.E. Michigan,west end of Lake Erie, 22yrs. The wife and I boat in the area from north in upper Lake Huron, to south and east through Lake Erie to Penn. As age and gas prices rise, those boating destinations have shortened. Married 21 yrs ago on our old 30' 1974 Trojan Sea Raider. Currently have a 1978 F-32. There are about 20 Trojan owners at our club.
1995 390 express
Sporadic User

Post by 1995 390 express »

im 49 will be 50 around memorial day and hope its a banner boating week !!! buddy of mine has had a boat for 25 years and my brother for 4 now. got hooked and looked around for a year or so and bought my trojan/ carver mostly i was the grunt and anchor puller lol so not much experiance.no dough as a kid so learned quickly how to work on cars replacing engines and so on. its coming in handy again.i work for an electric co. as a lineman for 28 years now. hopefully retire with in 10 years and still be into the boating scene :?
g36
Moderate User

Post by g36 »

i'm 49 been boasting since 6. my first boat my mom gave me it was plastic and i played in the pool with it. :D
i bpught a sunbird runabout at 18 i still have it and completely rebuilt the stringers,transom and interior last year. learned alot about fiberglass and the damage water can do over time with wood. i also have a 27ft coronado sailboat and a couple of jetskis. my trojan is a 78 f32 medallion 321. i think i am pretty well rounded in boating with variety of crafts. i love scuba and anything that has to do with water.
i have a electronics background and have been a biomedical engineer for the last 29 years.
1997 CARVER 405
"the BLACK PEARL"

past fleet
1978 F32 SEDAN CHRYSLER 318's

current fleet
1997 seadoo gts
1997 yamaha wave venture
1985 sunbird 18 ft runabout
1968 coronado sailboat 25 ft
sunfish
14' hobie cat
canoe
8ft portabote
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

46 years old and I am a yacht captain. In fact I am off watch and the boat is currently underway from Tampa bound for Fort Lauderdale. I have a 500 ton masters license and have been a captain since my first command (190 ton, 106 ft yacht) when I was 26. Before that I was running boats in the Coast Guard. Sooner or later I will get my boat handling school up and running and hopefully also offer licensing. Until then I run yachts and am trying to write a book about Trojans.
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
jaahmez@hotmail.com

Post by jaahmez@hotmail.com »

Been around the water and boats most of my life, much more so over the past ten years. I'm 45. I'm a stay at home dad who's done time in the corporate world, owned a construction business, and am now a dabbler, self taught with the help of some excellent mentors.

I built a one off 21 center console last year from a 1974 Anacapri hull, have a 1984 11m Express that I'm redoing, and a jet ski, which I may try to mount to the transom of the Trojan.

I love cars, do all of the servicework on the house, the cars, and build what needs to be built. The boats as well. Big fan of the fall Striper season here on the Chesapeake Bay. Live just outside of Washington DC in Maryland.

James

PS: I exist on the n+1 theory, my awesome wife subscribes to the s-1 theory, it works out pretty well!
Last edited by jaahmez@hotmail.com on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

What a good post idea, sorry just had to get that last word in :P
Bubbabuda
Sporadic User

Post by Bubbabuda »

Hey guys and gals, good post. I am 53 years old. I have been around boats all my life. My dad bought me my first when I was 8, a 8ft Skimmer with a 3.9 merc. Ten boats later my F-32. I have a 100 ton masters license with a towing endorsment, but my real job is a Deputy Sheriff. I am state certified to teach NY's boating education courses. Spent may years with marine law enforcement. Great way to spend a work day, on the water. Rick
jordan
Sporadic User

Post by jordan »

I'm 56 and grew up around boats. My dad has had boats since I was born, he still is boating on the great lakes at the age of 87! My first boat was an old duck boat that I used to explore the lake with, that was at the age of 10. Since then I have had outboards, I/O's, inboards, sailboats and boats that did over 100mph.

I was a general contractor for several years and now I'm semi retired doing custom woodworking part time.

I've owned my 77 F-32 for 5 years and have been updated the boat ever since.

Thinking of maybe selling it and looking for a diesel powered boat to do the great loop with in the next few years.

I live in Mpls, MN. but keep the boat 3.5 hours away on Lake Superior in the Apostle Islands.

Have a 50 ton masters with towing cert. and great lakes endorsement.

Love this site, have learned a lot that has helped me work on my boat!

Jim
SHEGAVEIN (F-32)
Capt. Jim Jordan
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

I'm 49, I got my first taste of boating at 14 working oyster boats in the gulf of Texas. At 17 and a day I was in Navy boot camp. Retired from the Navy in 95' as a Chief Hull Technician. Bought a 21' Manatee cuddy in 89' and had it for a few yrs. After I retired from the Navy, we started a Well drilling biz and then sold it to a company 8 yrs later and worked for them as a P.M. for for a couple of yrs. Then bought a FedEx Ground route in 03' and have grown that one into 5 routes and 7 trucks and also started a truck rental service for other contractors as a side biz from it. And 3 yrs ago we bought our first twin screw boat (the floatin' condo as some call them) and love it ! And have grown the biz over the past few yrs with the plans of semi-retirement by 55 to travel the Chesapeake Bay and river system and head to the Finger Lakes of New York where the Wife ( Michelle ) is from..and of course lets us not forget Teddy and Rex our CKCS the best little pups I've ever owned...
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
rbcool
Active User

Post by rbcool »

I'm also 49 (couple weeks younger that Tony :lol: ) Was in Construction most of my life, owning or running several succesful companies right up until the bust in '07. Became a Yacht Mechanic '08 - '11 mainly because I was tired of paying someone else to work on the systems. I've always done my own work on vehicals, even when they were new.
I've had friends or family who owned boats since I was born and started buying go-fast and deck boats around 20yrs ago. Bought my first big boat in '06, 330 Searay. Then this Awesome Trojan in '10. Will probably be my last boat unless I hit the lottery!!
Currently an AFLAC insurance agent, which gives me the freedom to do what I want

Ron 8)
When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.
Ronald Reagan
1987 F36 Tri-Cabin
Twin 270 Crusaders
"Special K"
Upper Bay, Chesapeake Bay

http://www.photobucket.com/albums/ff424/rbcool/
MadBen
Sporadic User

Post by MadBen »

I'm 48...spent the first night on our boat at age of 5 months so I guess I've been boating 48 years.
I've been a Realtor since 1985, bought/restored and sold antique homes and currently in the floor covering business to help pay the bills.
TADTOOMUCH
Moderate User

About Me

Post by TADTOOMUCH »

I am 50 as of a few weeks ago and I have been boating since I was 15. I am a Mechanical Engineer and I am also a Private Pilot and fly occasionally but boating seems to have my attention most of the time.

My parents owned a new 1974 F-32 while I was growing up on the shores of Lake Michigan.
I met my wife of 27 years while my parents owned their Trojan F-32 and she spent many a weekend with me on their boat.

After we were first married, we spent many weekends on the piers of Lake Michigan watching the boats go in and out of the harbors saying "one day we will have a boat".

Fast forward 30 years and I purchased a 1978 F-32 and have owned it now for 5 years. I have met K9th at his home port in Michigan City, IN.

I find this forum a very valuable asset when I look for answers to my questions and offer any assistance I can with my knowledge of the F-32.
Boat Name: A TAD TOO MUCH
Model: 1978 F-32 Sedan Cruiser
Engines: Twin Chry 360's 666 hrs original engines

2013 Mercury 300 Ocean Runner 9.9hp Merc 4 stroke
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

I'm retired (production engineer) and my younger Admiral is joining me end next month when we move aboard our boats to spend the year just floating around. 1/2 yr in Canada (summers) and 1/2 yr in southern US & Bahamas.... living our dream. Looking forward to no longer being a weekend boater, certainly won't miss those Friday afternoon's on the 400 Hwy. :D

Started boating as a kid in Jamaica, mainly behind them on skis and some deep sea fishing on friend's Bertram.... Marlin, Wahoo, Sailfish.

Started owning my own boats when I came to Canada late 70's with a 21' cuddy cabin Tempest, then Bayliner 2550 (twice) then the two I have now.

Hoping to meet a number of you as I travel around starting this fall when I head south from the Tennesse river to FL.
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL