standard and reverse rotation

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

antlr-king
Sporadic User

Post by antlr-king »

yea no worries. the new engine was near but it is wrap up very tight in plastic. and i had a big thick drop cloth covering also. when i was done i cleaned up real good no remnants of that stuff left. i finished cleaning all parts today. got that big nut loose. so i have to pick up the puller in the morning from advance auto parts. take that off get the timing chain cover off, pick up 4 engine block/stand bolt so i can get the new engine out of the crate. then put the old block on the crate and bag it up and get it ready to ship back for my core credit.
1979 30' trojan express
1995 390 express
Sporadic User

Post by 1995 390 express »

great it looks good and hauntingly familiar. nothing like snapping a new engine together with shiny fresh painted parts. did you use air or breaker bar on the balancer ? i was lucky enough to drop off engine core when i picked up new one. no coer charge or shipping. keep posting photos love to see em come together.
antlr-king
Sporadic User

Post by antlr-king »

i used alittle heat and a breaker bar for the balancer bolt. came right off.
heres a few more paint pics. im going to start putting this engine together this weekend. i do need to pick up a new timing chain cover. the old one after i cleaned it up i noticed it had a 4 inch weld and a 2 inch weld on the front of it. and on the inside you can see the cracks very good. im tossing that.
1979 30' trojan express
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

Is that flywheel in good shape?
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
antlr-king
Sporadic User

Post by antlr-king »

yea the fly wheel looks good. alittle dirty looking but the teeth look fine.
1979 30' trojan express
antlr-king
Sporadic User

Post by antlr-king »

the starboard engine oil pan has a huge bondo patch on the dip stick side. i need an oil pan. please post a link if you know where i can get one for a good price. they are hard to find. i found a few on ebay but just not sure i want any of them. thanks...
1979 30' trojan express