Destin Army Recreation Center

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

rap55

Destin Army Recreation Center

Post by rap55 »

Hey Folks,

All you retired or active duty military members who are thinking about a trip to the Gulf Coast should check out The Destin Army Recreation Center in Destin Florida. One of the best keeped secrets in the world.

I took a job as Captain of the Charter Boat (Stars and Stripes) which is run by MWR and owned by The US. Army. Not only can you book an offshore trip where we will load you up on fish...We also offer inshore boat rentals, pontoon boat rentals, jet ski rental, super nice camp ground, motel style rooms and cottages, pool and splash park for the kids and great water front veiws.

We had the Commanding General booked for an offshore trip today but the weather was calling for wind, rain and lots of vomit so we scratched this weekend.

They have a web site and can be found on Facebook also. Check us out and tell them that Captain Rick sent ya! Need all the Brownie Points I can get!

Thanks Guy`s
Rick / F-36 / MissKitty
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Good info - thanks.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
kevinz

Post by kevinz »

Capt. Rick,
Is there slip rentals for us to moor for a few days?
-1995 350 express
with big blues (454 Crusaders)
-2011 Caroling Skiff J-14 (Tohatsu 30hp four stroke)
-1996 Sea Ray SeaRayder jet (Merc 90hp)
-1990 BeachCat 20. Fiberglass pontoon (2013 Merc 60hp big foot)
rap55

Destin Army Rec. Center

Post by rap55 »

You may want to call the front desk and get the answer to that question but I dont think so at this time as the dock is being upgraded. Some boaters have been dropping the hook a few yards off the beach and using thier dingy to get back and forth.

They also have the best fuel prices on Non-E fuel in this area. Any retired or active duty from any branch of service can buy fuel or make use of the facility. One thing I like best is the fact you can get away from the crowds at the strip but it`s only about a five minuite drive to the Harbor Walk action. Its quiet, walled and gated with a full staff to help.

Front Desk Number......850-837-6423

Rick
kevinz

Post by kevinz »

I called them. No transient slips due to construction. By June the work should be done.
-1995 350 express
with big blues (454 Crusaders)
-2011 Caroling Skiff J-14 (Tohatsu 30hp four stroke)
-1996 Sea Ray SeaRayder jet (Merc 90hp)
-1990 BeachCat 20. Fiberglass pontoon (2013 Merc 60hp big foot)