Cruisair reverse cycle A/C

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

7421f

Cruisair reverse cycle A/C

Post by 7421f »

Does anyone have an owners manual for an older (1984) Cruisair A/C?

Mine worked fine on dock power before I had the boat transported by truck to my home port. Now it trips the reset in about 1 minute. Could the water pump system have gotten n air-lock? Thoughts/suggestions welcome as I could find very limited information online.
Tim
1984 Trojan 11 Meter Express "My Vixen"
Big Blue 454's

http://photobucket.com/MyVixen
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

First welcome to the site .

Sounds like the water pump may not be pumping . turn on the a/c and see if its pumping water be for it pops the breaker . yes it could be a air lock . Is the thru hull valve open ?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Paul
Active User

Post by Paul »

prowlersfish wrote:First welcome to the site .

Sounds like the water pump may not be pumping . turn on the a/c and see if its pumping water be for it pops the breaker . yes it could be a air lock . Is the thru hull valve open ?
I Agree. The same thing happens to mine every time its removed from the water. To solve the problem, I hold a garden hose against the bulkhead fitting that the A/C water drains from and turn it on. This back washes water thru the system and purges out the air lock.

Also as Paul stated, be sure the valves are open. :D
Paul
"Cruise Control" 1978 F-26HT
"No Control" 2012 9' Grand RIB
jhalb
Moderate User

Post by jhalb »

I found my early 80's intallation/operation/maintenancs manual for Cruisair air. do you still need it?
John
"PELICAN"
1983 10 Meter Express
7421f

manual for Cruiseair

Post by 7421f »

Hey John, a manual would be great...Don't suppose you've digitized it??

Thanks to all that replied. I did get it back in operation this afternoon and it was indeed an airlock in the sea water system. I could not get a water hose to it, but cycled the unit on/off a few times for about 30 seconds each and it cleared on it's own. Once again, I have my "cool" restored! On to the next puzzle to solve- air leak in my "Star Trek" doors' compressor system 8)

Tim
Tim
Big Blue 454's

k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Welcome aboard Tim from another Tim.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
jhalb
Moderate User

Re: manual for Cruiseair

Post by jhalb »

7421f wrote:Hey John, a manual would be great...Don't suppose you've digitized it??

Thanks to all that replied. I did get it back in operation this afternoon and it was indeed an airlock in the sea water system. I could not get a water hose to it, but cycled the unit on/off a few times for about 30 seconds each and it cleared on it's own. Once again, I have my "cool" restored! On to the next puzzle to solve- air leak in my "Star Trek" doors' compressor system 8)

Tim
I can scan it this week. PM me your email address and I will send it when i get it done.
John
"PELICAN"
1983 10 Meter Express
jaahmez@hotmail.com

Post by jaahmez@hotmail.com »

John, sent you a request for the manual as well. I would be a happy guy as the A/C is the last item on the list of my 2 year redo and I currently can't even find power at the switch from the panel.

Tim, star trek doors are all surgical tubing running off a compressor and 3' accumulator tank under the hatches in the main cabin that are in front of the head door (opposite the forward bilge pump on the port stringer).

I took it all out and tossed it, about 70-80 pounds worth. I removed the plated pushbutton switches and installed Decora block plates over them at 1.70 ea from the Depot. I cut off the screw tabs on the decora so I had a nice rectangular plastic plate.

They look good, the doors slide nice manually.
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

My old Cruisair unit's compressor finally went south a few years ago so I replaced it with a newer model along with the SMX digital control.

Below is a manual which is for both the rotory knob and SMX units. Including wiring schematic for the 3 knob system.

http://www.dometic.com/FileOrganizer/1- ... ration.pdf
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
jhalb
Moderate User

Post by jhalb »

This looks complete. Does anyone still need my 80's copy scanned?
John
"PELICAN"
1983 10 Meter Express
7421f

Post by 7421f »

Hey John,

I think I do need the information you have. My AC/Heat unit has a Digisette Aqua-Temp control that is not shown on the posted manual. Does your information cover this control? I noticed that my compressor comes on when I switch the unit to "fan" It should not do that. I need to find and repair the problem.
Tim
Big Blue 454's

Landlocked

Post by Landlocked »

To 7421f - When my 1985 11 Meter Sedan kicks on the compressor even though the switch is set to fan I have to replace a solid state relay in the compressor's control box. I don't have the specs here with me, but it is a 240 volt relay about 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 1/2" in size.

This seems to get damaged if we switch to genset or shorepower without first turning the A/C off. I bought a couple of them recently because I thought I had blown one, but I was wrong. I still have both of them. If you have trouble finding one i could figure out a price for you on one of mine.
Lake boaters skip the salt...
1985 11 Meter Sedan
1972 Newman Bassboat
1990 Cyclone Jetboat
1957 Fiberglass Barracuda (Olds 425 cubic Inch, Edelbrock)
Burnninator

Re: Cruisair reverse cycle A/C

Post by Burnninator »

If anyone has the early 80's cruisair manual digitized I would really appreciate it.

1984 Bertram Flybridge Cruiser.

Thank You Corbitt Lewis
1984 Bertram Flybridge Cruiser