city water inlet

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

rooferdave
Moderate User

city water inlet

Post by rooferdave »

when my boat was taken apart earier this year (by an employee, fired him for it) the connection for the city water was removed, kids are not impressed. The reasoning was he figured the inlet through the floor at the back was a poor idea, and I should buy a new fitting with a 90 on it to allow to cut a hole through the back of the boat so the hose does not go over the sides.

thoughts?
1976 Trojan 360 Flybridge needin a whole lotta luvin!
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

Dave, Mine goes thru the stern just above the swim platform and the hose is out of the way . I like there...
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Why not put it back like it was ?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
rooferdave
Moderate User

Post by rooferdave »

prowlersfish wrote:Why not put it back like it was ?
their suggestion was it was not cool to have the hose running over the gunnales
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

Do you all use city water pressure in your boats at the dock?
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
kevinz

Post by kevinz »

I have never used my shore water hook up. When we go to a marina for a long week-end, I use the boat potable tank and fill as needed.
-1995 350 express
with big blues (454 Crusaders)
-2011 Caroling Skiff J-14 (Tohatsu 30hp four stroke)
-1996 Sea Ray SeaRayder jet (Merc 90hp)
-1990 BeachCat 20. Fiberglass pontoon (2013 Merc 60hp big foot)
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

My tri-cabin has the shore water inlet on top of the aft deck very close to the port side fuel fill inlet and right next to the water inlet for the fresh water tanks. I wish it were down where Tony described. My hose has to run on the back walking surface or hang over the stern which I don't like. I have thought about moving it but decided the amount of work was not justified so I just tolerate it.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

kevinz wrote:I have never used my shore water hook up. When we go to a marina for a long week-end, I use the boat potable tank and fill as needed.
I don't use mine much, read to many a good boat has gone down due to failures in piping..
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

alexander38 wrote:
kevinz wrote:I have never used my shore water hook up. When we go to a marina for a long week-end, I use the boat potable tank and fill as needed.
I don't use mine much, read to many a good boat has gone down due to failures in piping..
I use mine all the time, but turn the shore water off and relieve the pressure when we leave for the week. I prefer that to hearing the water pump run every time I open a faucet.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

k9th wrote:
alexander38 wrote:
I use mine all the time, but turn the shore water off and relieve the pressure when we leave for the week. I prefer that to hearing the water pump run every time I open a faucet.
+1
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
rooferdave
Moderate User

Post by rooferdave »

I do not even know if my pump works, when I turn my taps on nothing happens... I do use city water but if you look on your city intake there is a regulater thats bring the pressure down to around 15-18 psi so as not to blow a line (city is 50-60 psi) and as long as you turn it off when you are not at the club and have a high water alarm it is a non issue
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Most of the regulators you find are set around 40-45 psi .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

the PO reconfigured my city water inlet and is now next to the transom light. i have not one, but two regulators dockside. one at the faucet, the other connected to the city water inlet, which is connected to a Y connector that can turn on and off. when i leave the boat, i turn off the Y connector, and depressurize the hose with the other lever. i then leave the forward head faucet turned on, so that if someone turns on the city water dock side and opens the tap at the Y connector, the water flows right out the thru hull in the forward head. otherwise, the water is stopped at the shore hookup Y connector. i know, too many items, but, i like the peace of mind with redundant systems.
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
aweimer
Moderate User

Post by aweimer »

aaronbocknek wrote:the PO reconfigured my city water inlet and is now next to the transom light. i have not one, but two regulators dockside. one at the faucet, the other connected to the city water inlet, which is connected to a Y connector that can turn on and off. when i leave the boat, i turn off the Y connector, and depressurize the hose with the other lever. i then leave the forward head faucet turned on, so that if someone turns on the city water dock side and opens the tap at the Y connector, the water flows right out the thru hull in the forward head. otherwise, the water is stopped at the shore hookup Y connector. i know, too many items, but, i like the peace of mind with redundant systems.
Our marina rules state you cannot leave the water line connected to the boat when not at the Marina. I disconnect the hose when we leave for the week.
Aaron
Lake Erie, OH
http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g39 ... 20It%20Up/
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

alexander38 wrote:
Same here - that's why I asked. I was advised early in life not to use this.
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17