trojan tri cabine 36

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Bruce

trojan tri cabine 36

Post by Bruce »

Hi I have a 1973 Trojan Tri cabin 36 with 440 crysler engines. I would like to get at the water tanks to clean out the insides but they seem to be difficult if not impossible to get at. Also my manual does not tell me the fuel capacity. I have metal tanks. Does anyone know answers to theese questions. I boat on Georgian Bay out of Doral Marina. Thanks.
banks

water tank

Post by banks »

I also have a 36 tri cabin, 73 mod. The water tank on my boat ia located on the starboard side, just forward of the electrical panel. I had to roll the carpet back on that side and remove the flooring over the tank. Yhis amounted to two flooring panels. Once removed, the top of the tank is exposed. Mine was a sheet of plywood with screws around the perimeter. Those that are on the far outboard side are siddicult to remove but with a little persistance and a short screw driver, it is possible. Once the top is off, the interior of the tank is easily accessable.

You are more fortunate than I in that you have the manuals. I bought a project and as such, there were no documents onboaard.

I also had to replace the fuel tanks. If I remember, the fuel tanks are between 100 amd 120 gals.

Good luck.

If you would like to email me directly, cpoint@cox.net