Looking for recommendations on a good bottom paint

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

classicf25

Looking for recommendations on a good bottom paint

Post by classicf25 »

Getting close on having to buy some bottom paint and get the boat finally in the water. We live in Florida and will be using the boat in the Gulf. The boat will be kept in the warm salt water year round. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
kevinz

Post by kevinz »

We keep our boat in a canal and I use Pettit Trinidad SR. It ia a hard paint but I have not hauled out in four years. ( It is time and is on my schedule) The paint is expesive, but good. I do have a diver clean the bottom every 90 days or so
-1995 350 express
with big blues (454 Crusaders)
-2011 Caroling Skiff J-14 (Tohatsu 30hp four stroke)
-1996 Sea Ray SeaRayder jet (Merc 90hp)
-1990 BeachCat 20. Fiberglass pontoon (2013 Merc 60hp big foot)
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

kevinz wrote:We keep our boat in a canal and I use Pettit Trinidad SR. It ia a hard paint but I have not hauled out in four years. ( It is time and is on my schedule) The paint is expesive, but good. I do have a diver clean the bottom every 90 days or so
i found trinidad at 256.68/gallon at wholesalemarine.com

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/pc/PET-1 ... 4AodAQ4A3w

you might want to do a google search to find the best price. don't forget the running gear. you will want to use zinc coat on that.
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com