UPDATE FROM AARON... IT'S ALMOST OVER

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

UPDATE FROM AARON... IT'S ALMOST OVER

Post by aaronbocknek »

greetings all in trojan land. well, today is friday the 7th, and it's official. my treatment end date is scheduled for tuesday 11th sept. initially i was skeptical about that date, after all, i lost 6 friends that day in 2001. (3 on AA, and 3 on UA) however, a woman that i've befriended in the waiting room said, ''aaron i totally understand. however, use that day to honor your fallen friends, but, take the day back to usher in a new beginning for you going forward.'' so, i will. i have the weekend off then just two more treatments left. it's been a long road, an uncomfortable road (god has it been uncomfortable!! especially with the radiation burns in very private areas :shock: ) and a road filled with uncertainty. but, with the support of you fine folks, the support of my family and the new 'family' i've made at hopkins, i know that once treatment ends, healing will begin and i can get on with my life. again, i want to say thanks to all of you who were there to support and cheer me on. i could NOT have done it without you all. for that i am forever humbled and greatful.
aaron
Last edited by aaronbocknek on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

It is like I said, all of a sudden it is over with, thank god. All the best. :D
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
~DarkNemesis~

Post by ~DarkNemesis~ »

Best of wishes Aaron!!!!
classicf25

Post by classicf25 »

Finish strong! Remember to give your body time to heal and take it easy for a while.
1973 F25 TROJAN
1973 F30 SPORTFISH
1979 SKIMMAR 7'

Lawrence
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

classicf25 wrote:Finish strong! Remember to give your body time to heal and take it easy for a while.
that's what i plan to do lawrence. initially i wanted to head right back to work around the 1st week of october. now, 6 weeks in, skin peeling and crispy, burned areas that are REALLY hard to keep a dressing on and the fatigue, i think i will delay my back to work target until the 1st week of november. that way, my body will hopefully have a chance to heal and get back to some normalcy. i'm on a really great regime for my burned areas as of tuesday last (i went and saw my dermatologist who gave the actual diagnosis of RADIATION DERMATITIS---and no,it was not being addressed in the radiation dept for some stupid reason :evil:) she put me on a special
topical cream called BIAFINE. designed for radiation burns.
anyway, i intend to concentrate on healing my mind and body and hopefully get some stuff done on the boat before it's time to put her to bed for the winter :cry: she's still on the hard, hopefully will launch next week once i'm able to clear a whole day to do so. i need to take my time getting around right now with the burns.
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Its great the finsh line is in site .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

prowlersfish wrote:Its great the finsh line is in site .
and it cannot come soon enough paul.
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

celebrate your accomplishment with a short boat run !

Take photos and put it in your log

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
jddens
Moderate User

Post by jddens »

Way to go Aaron!... wishing you the best going forward. Before long it will just be a distant memory....................John
1972 Trojan Sea Raider F30 - FI 350's "Time Warp"
1998 Kawasaki ZXi 1100
1972 Chevy Fleetside Shortbed hotrod.......450hp
10.5 Newport Inflatable w/15hp Rude
hmc
Sporadic User

Post by hmc »

Great news and you still have almost 3 months of good boating left :D :D
f boat ( glass )
TROJANS !!!
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

hmc wrote:Great news and you still have almost 3 months of good boating left :D :D
thanks man, appreciate the support and good wishes. i'm thinking of 'launching' ENTERPRISE late this week or early next. it's supposed to be a tad cooler and i'm excited to get the healing underway (radiation burns suck!!) and to finish up a few projects on her prior to the winter layup. maybe a run up or two just to stretch her legs!

oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY STAR TREK.....46 YEARS AND GOING STRONG!!
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
TBone
Sporadic User

Post by TBone »

hey man, good to hear your almost out of the woods.

the "C" word is a tough battle, and it hits close to home for me.

I wish you the best, I hope your recovery is swift, and you have time to enjoy your boat, and resume your normally scheduled life!

Tom
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

TBone wrote:hey man, good to hear your almost out of the woods.

the "C" word is a tough battle, and it hits close to home for me.

I wish you the best, I hope your recovery is swift, and you have time to enjoy your boat, and resume your normally scheduled life!

Tom
hey tom, nice to see i'm not the only one up at this hour. i just don't sleep well right now these days. my entire rest/sleep cycle is off kilter. for me, this has been one long battle. something i hope to never have to go through again. right now, i'm dealing with the radiation burns, the itching and the pain that goes along with it. fortunately, once the treatments are over, the regime my dermatologist put me on will finally be able to take hold rather than keeping things at bay, if that makes any sense.
i'm looking forward to finally being able to do some projects on the boat once treatment is over. then my 'healing' of mind and body can finally commence.
thanks for your continued support and friendship. it means a great deal to me seeing how everyone rallys around one of their own.
aaron
aaronbocknek@gmail.com