Boating pics 20012

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

gumper
Sporadic User

Boating pics 20012

Post by gumper »

Here are some pics from this season. The first pic is the newest edition to the family his name is Finnigan. He is turning out to be a great boat dog. He was ten weeks old in this pic.
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Great pics
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
TBone
Sporadic User

Post by TBone »

Is Finn an Airedale?

either way, good looking pump. My Airedale Jayla was 14 weeks when I got her. She will be 9 soon. incredible dog.

Good luck with the pup!

the pics are nice too!

Tom
1983 Silverton 34C; Its 8 O'clock... Somewhere!
1985 Chris Craft 222 stinger
1977 F-32 trojan (sold)
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

hello finnigan, welcome to the trojan site...... i'm sure your 'dad' has many ways of teaching you to become a great addition to the boating family.
(man i love dogs. i'd be lost w/ out mine.)

aaron (maccabee too.... boston terrier, second mate of the ENTERPRISE)
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
gumper
Sporadic User

Post by gumper »

I have been reading the forum for years I don;t remember a dog being welcome to the forum before thanks aaronbocknek . Yes he is a Airedale. Finn has been great. We went from the breeders straight to the boat. He will sleep on the engine covers when we are running the boat nothing seems to spook him which is great. We also have a boarder collie that is the exact opposite.
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

gumper wrote:I have been reading the forum for years I don;t remember a dog being welcome to the forum before thanks aaronbocknek . Yes he is a Airedale. Finn has been great. We went from the breeders straight to the boat. He will sleep on the engine covers when we are running the boat nothing seems to spook him which is great. We also have a boarder collie that is the exact opposite.
well, i gotta tell ya i'm a huge dog lover in the worst of ways. i've been nicknamed the 'dog whisperer of parkside marina' where phil and i keep enterprise. if a dog will not greet a slip holder, they will make a beeline to me in an instant. i remember 'rescue riley' a golden who is spooked by anyone. i just sat on the dock, my back to him and just said, ''okay riley, when your ready. i'm not gonna hurt you buddy.'' i just kept talking him down off his ladder of fear and within 15 minutes, he got close enough to put is nose against my ear and gave me a little lick. his owners were astounded that riley even approached me. he and maccabee are best buds, and you should see maccabee race to the other side of the marina when he know's riley is there!! they do the doggie wrestle on the dock first, then race around ed and marges mainship 39. i've always loved animals and they sense that. (you should see me in a petsmart)

so, here's to you fin..... enjoy your boating experiences, your swims around the boat, your naps on the engine hatches and just being a 'boat dawg'.

aaron
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
Bigearl

Post by Bigearl »

Enjoyed your pics, looks like Rideau country to me, we were through there this September and loved it. Laid up "Margaritaville" in Kingston for the winter, will pick her up next year and head back to Georgian Bay.
Bigearl
gumper
Sporadic User

Post by gumper »

Yes it is the redeau system. Big Earl did you happen to buy a f28 from Indian lake in September?
Bigearl

Post by Bigearl »

Hi Gumper- No, I have had my F28 since 2000, but I did stop at Indian Lake overnight in Sept.
Bigearl
rickalan35
Moderate User

Rideau Photos

Post by rickalan35 »

Gumper - Great to see those Rideau photos. Did you go past Westport? I'm berthed in Rideau Ferry at Rideau Ferry harbour. Cheers Rick
rickalan35
Moderate User

Gumper - yikes

Post by rickalan35 »

Good Grief!!! It's Gumper!
Sorry buddy, my apologies pal. Didn't look at the name behind the photos. By the way, I'm willing to bet your wife took those shots. Also, your terrific framed photo of our dock was taken by John and is now up on the wall in the marina office. Thanks. Your boat sure looks great and the hull finish work we both did this spring really stands out and continues to look good, don't you think?. Sad to see the season end, huh. Rick
Bobbo

Post by Bobbo »

Beautiful pics. Looks like you had a great season. Just put mine away today. I always have mixed emotions on winterizing day and pictures like yours get me hyped up for next year!! THINK SPRING!!
gumper
Sporadic User

Post by gumper »

Hi Rick, did you do your hull as well ? The photo was for you guys. John loved that picture. Every time i have been to Redeau Ferry he has been there to help us in. I will tell Judy she will make another one if you want. I didn't like the frame on that one.

We should meet up in West Port next year. I have met a couple of other trojan boat owners this year. We could have a Canadian Trojan rendezvous.
gumper
Sporadic User

some more pics

Post by gumper »

aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

great pics. love the one with the pink/magenta sky. does not get any better than that.
aaron
aaronbocknek@gmail.com