Frankenstorm

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

Commissionpoint wrote:I rode it out in my hurricane hole onboard. Here are some pics of my hurricane hole and a video of the town docks. Quite the difference.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1060575514 ... icaneSandy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... jrcGs0BRGc
LOVE the pic of the pup. was he/she with you while you rode the storm out?
hope you are well buddy. let me hear from you.
aaron
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
Commissionpoint
Active User

Post by Commissionpoint »

Nancy wrote: That's a really cool entrance to the harbor.

I didn't know you got the old fishfinder working! You're a wizard. As for the radar, I thought you'd already gotten rid of the green glow. I know you weren't fond of the ancient radiation--I mean radar--dome.

I absolutely do not envy you getting that bottom paint off.

Remember to remove the keel plug.
Yeh. There is just a little strait between an island and the mainland to get in there, but its deep. The Mohican goes through there, and that thing is about 100'.

Fishfinder meerly needed a fuse. :D

I'm not the one who is going to be getting the bottom paint off thats for sure. I'll call the soda blaster for that. Probably going to go back to a blue thats a bit darker than factory.

I got a sweet deal on storage and winterizing (1459 including recommissioning and relaunch), so I'll be passing along your keel plug reminder to the marina. ;)

Fiona is a little girl. I have her and one of her litter mates I named Alistair. They are almost 13 weeks old. Ewan is 15 months now. 8)
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's
1.52:1 Borg Warners

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)
1:1 Borg Warner

There are 350 different varieties of shark, not counting loan or pool.
Commissionpoint
Active User

aaronbocknek wrote: LOVE the pic of the pup. was he/she with you while you rode the storm out?
hope you are well buddy. let me hear from you.
aaron
Yes, Fiona. Shes a 12 week old silver colored Malamute. She was a trooper through the duration of the storm.

Things are well here, thanks. Getting back to normal quiet autumn. I'll give you a shout sometime soon.
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

I am glad you all have done ok , So far every one I have talked to has done ok , But as you can see in ther news many people in the NYC area have not .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Nancy
Moderate User

Post by Nancy »

Michael,

Ha ha - fuse! Guess you can tell we weren't that interested in the fish finder!

Are you starting a collection of malamutes? Getting a sled? That's a lot of dogs to take boating.
Mike Kulp
Moderate User

Post by Mike Kulp »

Glad to here every body is okay and the Trojans all survived also, I was scheduled to be pulled monday at 1:00 pm. I checked with the marina saturday morning and they said they were booked so I went over sunday morning and talked to the travel lift operater Tim, he told me be there at lunch he would pull me then he called at 10:30 and said come over right away before the manager shuts him down so I was on land by lunch thank god for that.
Mike 1986 10 Meter mid cabin
Commissionpoint
Active User

Nancy wrote:
Are you starting a collection of malamutes? Getting a sled? That's a lot of dogs to take boating.
Just the three. Definately getting a sled. Coincidentally the manager at the yacht club where I am storing this winter is getting out of the sport. He offered to sell me all of his gear as a package for 200 bux. I'm gonna take him up on that.

3 full grown Malamutes on an F-32. Hmmz. Sounds like a bad idea. They are either going to have to take turns or I am going to have to track down that 14m Conv. sooner than I thought. :wink:
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Mike Kulp wrote:Glad to here every body is okay and the Trojans all survived also, I was scheduled to be pulled monday at 1:00 pm. I checked with the marina saturday morning and they said they were booked so I went over sunday morning and talked to the travel lift operater Tim, he told me be there at lunch he would pull me then he called at 10:30 and said come over right away before the manager shuts him down so I was on land by lunch thank god for that.

Good to hear, you going back in or are you done for the season ( to early to me )
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
carlywolf
Sporadic User

Post by carlywolf »

Heres a 13 meter for ya Commissionpoint, Its docked at Port Canaveral. Might be big enuf for you and your pups Image[/img]
Classic 1977 F26 HT 5.7 MPFI 350 (330HP)
CLAS-SEA
Carl
carlywolf
Sporadic User

Post by carlywolf »

Heres another picImage
Classic 1977 F26 HT 5.7 MPFI 350 (330HP)
CLAS-SEA
Carl
Commissionpoint
Active User

Yeh Carl. Thats about what I have in mind. While I like the galley in the 14m a little better, I'd suffer with a 13m if I had to. For now I'll just have to do laps in the F-32 taking one dog at a time. :D
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)

aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

Commissionpoint wrote:Yeh Carl. Thats about what I have in mind. While I like the galley in the 14m a little better, I'd suffer with a 13m if I had to. For now I'll just have to do laps in the F-32 taking one dog at a time. :D
i LOVE the galley in the 14m!! the only problem i see is what to do when the original sub-zero's go on the blink. is there anything that will fit in that space? this is the galley with the side by sides right? as for the pups, heck, i'd fly up and give you a hand. you know i love dogs, and i have a feeling your pups would take to me in a minute.
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

Mike Kulp wrote:Glad to here every body is okay and the Trojans all survived also, I was scheduled to be pulled monday at 1:00 pm. I checked with the marina saturday morning and they said they were booked so I went over sunday morning and talked to the travel lift operater Tim, he told me be there at lunch he would pull me then he called at 10:30 and said come over right away before the manager shuts him down so I was on land by lunch thank god for that.
i'm glad phil and i were able to run by and say good by to you and cathy for the season that hectic afternoon mike...... phil could not believe how busy the marina was and i simply explained that storm preps do that. mike, was she shrink wrapped for the storm or was she just under canvas?
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
Commissionpoint
Active User

aaronbocknek wrote:i LOVE the galley in the 14m!! the only problem i see is what to do when the original sub-zero's go on the blink.
SubZero/Wolf is still going strong, but I am not sure if they still make the exact same model. You could send a broken unit to SubZero and have it repaired I am sure if its not being made anymore. They are a solid company with a soild product line. The Wolf range division also makes some serious gear.
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)

The Dog House
Active User

Post by The Dog House »

We're finally back on the grid. The Dog House (boat) made it through hurricane Sandy with no problems. The parking lot of the boat club flooded, but the flood water didn't make it up to the porch of the club house or the bottom of The Dog House's hull.

Our house survived fine, but we lost electricity on Monday at 5:00 pm and just got it back today (Sunday) at 2:00 pm. We heated the house with our wood stove, kept perishable food in coolers filled with ice, and used candles and flashlights for light. By Sunday morning, we were running out of clean clothes and food. Glad it didn't go on any longer. No for that hot shower (Ahhhhhhh!).
1993 Sea Ray 200 Overnighter OB with 1993 Mercury 150 hp Outboard
1979 Starcraft 14' Rowboat with 2011 Mercury 9.9 hp Outboard
Former boat: 1971 Trojan F26