Correct tricabin sling locations

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Correct tricabin sling locations

Post by P-Dogg »

Looking to verify that my sling marks are in the correct location. Can someone refer me - or have - documentation that specifically references the proper sling location? It's a 1985 tri. Thanks, Perry
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
Vitaliy
Moderate User

Post by Vitaliy »

dont know how "proper" this is but it might help

http://www.trojanboats.net/wforum/viewt ... ght=#48331

pix of my boat getting lifted up with a good set of shots from the straps.

hope this helps a bit
1974 F36 Tri-Cabin "Jorallyn"
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

Vitaliy wrote:dont know how "proper" this is but it might help

http://www.trojanboats.net/wforum/viewt ... ght=#48331

pix of my boat getting lifted up with a good set of shots from the straps.

hope this helps a bit
remember, the CG is slightly different for aft engined tri cabins as opposed to mid (under salon) vessel tri cabins. forward sling looks the same on both from my vantage point. aft, not so sure, but vitality's aft sling looks to be more aft oriented to compensate for the added weight aft.
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Asuming 2 slings Rear sling at rear bulkhead ( behind engine ) front sling is not critical in its location . I good lift operator will know where its OK , the sling spacing on some lifts is a real pain to adjust so if the front is not exactly where marked . Rear is more critical do to there can more weight on that sling and the hull shape .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

Shoot for the bulkheads as these areas of the hull a rigid and can handle lifting stresses including those placed on the hull sides. When in doubt, check inside where shafts go through hull to avoid lifting on them; pick her up on the shafts and you'll be replacing them. Check the bow to confirm you're not so far forward that slings are too close to the rise and they slip off. Seen that happen....not pretty...slings slid up the bow, caught the bow pulpit, and pealed the deck back like a sardine can $$$. I always like it when you get a brand new boat delivery from the manufacturer and the sling marks are different from port to starboard by a few feet :?
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year