chartplotters

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

you also have to look at Bang for the Buck...Lowrance... NEMA 2K is and ez system to install the hardest part of it is buying the right number of Tee's and pulling the wire ....the older 183 system will drive ya nutz.
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
The Dog House
Active User

Post by The Dog House »

mikeandanne wrote:Thanks to everyone for the help ,it has been extremely helpful.I have looked into the nmea, like the idea ,don't know if my old brain can figure that out.We do need some guage help though as my stuff is a little wacky---blower on and tachs go upscale etc.There is no doubt that the new products are really neat, although I believe it is possible to surpass the value of the entire boat quite easily--looking forward to spending at the show--Mike
My previous boat had a similar gauge issue. The problem was the negative return was too small. If I had too much stuff on, the negative return couldn't handle all of the electrons that were trying to get back to ground and were "backfeeding" (for lack of a better term) through the gauges. I added two additional negative returns from the ground bus to the batteries and the problem disappeared. Try this before you start spending money on new gauges.
1993 Sea Ray 200 Overnighter OB with 1993 Mercury 150 hp Outboard
1979 Starcraft 14' Rowboat with 2011 Mercury 9.9 hp Outboard
Former boat: 1971 Trojan F26
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

I had the same issue as Dog house and the same fix . Mine would act up if I had the spot light or radar turned on a larger gound took care of it .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
mikeandanne
Moderate User

Post by mikeandanne »

Have not had the boat long so have not had the time yet to dig in...was going to look at grds.what gauge wire did you guys find was the fix.already cleaned engine grds. But boat still has original Trojan bat. Switches and I was thinking that they might be leaking....thanks Mike...maybe we should start g rounding issue thread
lawyerdave71
Moderate User

Post by lawyerdave71 »

HELLO

For all you Garmin lovers, do your Garmins successfuly talk to your autopilots if you have one?

I had read that Garmins had trouble doing this.

My autopilot is a Raymarine one and I am converned about communication issues.
Captain Dave -

1978 F30 Flybridge Express