Swim platform?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

caddyman

Swim platform?

Post by caddyman »

Hello, I am new to this site. My wife and I just purchased an 89 10.8 meter international. Our previous boat was a Carver Mariner 3297. Our Trojan doesn't have a swim platform, where could I buy a new or used one that would fit? Thank you in advance, hope to be a member of this site for many years.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Welcome to the forum .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
comodave
Moderate User

Post by comodave »

Look at Plastek. They will make one to fit your boat. It is made of HDPE which requires no maintenance.
Trojan has been sold
1987 President 41 DC 225 Lehmans
Au Gres, Michigan
helmling

Swim platform

Post by helmling »

Jeff Helmling
Cobbs Creek Piankatank River
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

first; try Bob at Beacon Marine, here on this site,

or craigslist, ebay or a local marine swap meet. you'll have to adapt something regardless...

I got a good Teak swim step from a Hatteras refit, I had to cut it down, reinforce the mounting locations and build some stainless gussets, but the Cetoled teak looks awesome!

BTW welcome to the forum :D

1984 Silverton 37C
Silver Lining
Scott
BobCT
Active User

Post by BobCT »

gettaway... where did you find that? I've been looking for 6 months and resigned myself to making one from teak. I just can't find one anywhere near the size. I don't mind customizing one if I just found something to work with.

Too bad you're not in my marina, at night :)

Bob
1988 10m mid cabin
Vitaliy
Moderate User

Post by Vitaliy »

gona be kinda hard to get a swim platform off :p
1974 F36 Tri-Cabin "Jorallyn"
caddyman

Post by caddyman »

Thanks for the info.
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

BobCT wrote:gettaway... where did you find that? I've been looking for 6 months and resigned myself to making one from teak. I just can't find one anywhere near the size. I don't mind customizing one if I just found something to work with.

Too bad you're not in my marina, at night :)

Bob
Bob,

sorry for the long delay, we had a very busy weekend and I left for San Francisco early this morning.

Anyways, i got this swim step from a firend at our yacht club that was doing a refit on a 40'+ hatteras, this sat in our dry storage area for months and when I asked him about it, he GAVE it to me... yes, gave it to me. It is teak and I cut one foot off of each end, recut the transome curve and then added doublers where the brackets attach, I gthen plugged all of the the old drilled holes and then sanded and sanded and sanded, I then put 7 coats of Cetol light on it, and I have to tell you, it looks great on the boat verses the old peeling fiberglass / homemade piece of $#!+ that was on the boat and completely water logged
1984 Silverton 37C
Silver Lining
Scott
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

Fortunately I had my old one which had backup damage. John and Bob of Beacon Repaired and teak oiled, even put on new stainless edge around and looks great. Not installed yet as my boat is still a dry land queen.

According to Beacon they have teak and the plans for our boats and can build one, cost unknown.

While research what to do about mine I was zeroing in on this:

http://www.woodworkingforwatercraft.com/platform.html

Ther's looked pretty darn good.
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink