Before you go to bed tonight...

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Before you go to bed tonight...

Post by Stripermann2 »

Take a moment and reflect on this day, in 1941. (71 years ago) I waited to see if anyone would mention it, and since it's about boats and ships, thought I would post as a reminder to us all, of those who died doing what they did in their lives, to protect us and ensure the freedoms we enjoy today, continue. It was a devastating attack that America will never forget.

Again, my hat is off to all of you who are still active or have served to give me what I have today.

Thanks.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Amen , I had a friend that was a Pearl surviver ironically he owned a Trojan .

We should never forget that day or the great Men and Woman that serviced nor should we forget the lessons learned
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
guglielmo6160
Moderate User

Post by guglielmo6160 »

here here,,,,
already said a prayer for the many victims, and their families. War is NEVER a good thing, I pray my children will never have to see or live through one.
1983 10 meter express
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

+1 to all that
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

How can one forget? Having said that, I don't think parents and schools today do enough to keep such things in the minds of our young so future generations never forget and repeat. There are some events in history that should never be forgotten for all time, this is one of them. Always wanted to visit the site and reflect, maybe one day.
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
Vitaliy
Moderate User

Post by Vitaliy »

We had a remembrance ceremony today and nothing but WW2 movies were plating on the ships TV

kinda aery thinking about it being deployed on a carrier even nowadays....
1974 F36 Tri-Cabin "Jorallyn"
Hart
Sporadic User
Location: Either at home on Wixom Lake or on the Big Pond in Manistee.

Post by Hart »

My grandfather wasn't at Pearl Harbor, but he was killed on June 23rd, 1943. He was a left-waist gunner on a B-17 out of Ridgewell AFB in England. Part of the 381st Bomb Group of the 533rd Squadron.

He had made a single run over Antwerp, Belgium the day before. They were loading bombs on board the following day when one exploded, killing all on board who were preparing the ship (plus a few bystanders).

Here's to all those who survived PH, who DIDN'T survive PH, and all the rest of our brave servicemen and women.
1979 F36 Convertible "Hart's Desire"
w/twin Chrysler 440s and a ton o' teak

2006 Aqua Patio 220 RE
Evinrude E-Tec 75hp